Author Topic: Purpose of The Remnant Online/Please Make First Post Here. Part 5  (Read 53889 times)

KiwiYvonne

Re: Purpose of The Remnant Online/Please Make First Post Here. Part 5
« Reply #100 on: December 10, 2008, 12:36:49 AM »
Hey brother Richard and Sybil You both would love New Zealand!!..If you ever get the opportunity  to visit do so! Feel free to email me and there is always free accommodation. That offer also applies to  other highly respected members  present in 'Remnant Online.' :) Please be sure to pack your gumboots ..as we live on a dairy farm and milk 100 cows at present.
New Zealand is  famous for it's dairy produce. Millions of cattle are reared on it's lush green pasture. Farms are generally small, family run affairs but that is rapidly changing. I have recently been on a trip to IRELAND  and it reminds me so much of my home land Down-under. I have also been to SCOTLAND, (Edinburgh) and it is very similar in contrast to DUNEDIN down in our  South Island. In 1994, I won a Trip to EUROPE with a Competition run by the Mobil Service Station and saw 8 countries in 12 days!!
In my next 10-50  year plan I have high hopes  to visit USA...I love to travel... 8)

In regards to mangoes and custard apples..they are more readily grown in Australia. New Zealand's climate is mild and often damp overall, but varies from the hot and rainy subtropical north to the cold of the southern mountains.

Where abouts do some of you live? ??? I am interested and would love you to share a little about your hometown...thanks!

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #101 on: December 10, 2008, 06:38:42 AM »
Hi, KiwiYvonne! Wow 100 cows!

We tend to protect our anonymity around here to a small degree, but I will tell you I live in the great Southwest region of the US. We have everything from vast deserts and high mountain peaks ... the Grand Canyon to swamp land. I live here because of the arid climate - not too hot, not too cold.

We have animals but not the kind you would want to snuggle up with: bears, mountain lions, coyotes and the worst of all ... gophers!  ;D
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

KiwiYvonne

« Reply #102 on: December 10, 2008, 11:37:01 AM »
Hi, KiwiYvonne! Wow 100 cows!

We tend to protect our anonymity around here to a small degree, but I will tell you I live in the great Southwest region of the US. We have everything from vast deserts and high mountain peaks ... the Grand Canyon to swamp land. I live here because of the arid climate - not too hot, not too cold.

We have animals but not the kind you would want to snuggle up with: bears, mountain lions, coyotes and the worst of all ... gophers!  ;D
Hey brother Sybil
We don't have those wild animals Down-under! :o

I'd rather snuggle up to my 100 cows! ;D

What does a GOPHER look like? ???

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #103 on: December 10, 2008, 12:05:50 PM »

This is the dreaded gopher! They dig up everything! They have so many underground tunnels that walking through the field can cause you to step into one of their holes and break an ankle - to say nothing of completely eating up the roots in a vegetable garden.

I had rather deal with bears than these pesky gophers!  >:(

My cats do a great job in slaying them, but they reproduce so quickly (like rabbits) that the cats just can't keep up!  :D

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #104 on: December 10, 2008, 02:33:13 PM »
Hey brother Richard and Sybil You both would love New Zealand!!..If you ever get the opportunity  to visit do so! Feel free to email me and there is always free accommodation. That offer also applies to  other highly respected members  present in 'Remnant Online.' :) Please be sure to pack your gumboots ..as we live on a dairy farm and milk 100 cows at present.
New Zealand is  famous for it's dairy produce. Millions of cattle are reared on it's lush green pasture. Farms are generally small, family run affairs but that is rapidly changing. I have recently been on a trip to IRELAND  and it reminds me so much of my home land Down-under. I have also been to SCOTLAND, (Edinburgh) and it is very similar in contrast to DUNEDIN down in our  South Island. In 1994, I won a Trip to EUROPE with a Competition run by the Mobil Service Station and saw 8 countries in 12 days!!
In my next 10-50  year plan I have high hopes  to visit USA...I love to travel... 8)

In regards to mangoes and custard apples..they are more readily grown in Australia. New Zealand's climate is mild and often damp overall, but varies from the hot and rainy subtropical north to the cold of the southern mountains.

Where abouts do some of you live? ??? I am interested and would love you to share a little about your hometown...thanks!

Yes, we do try to remain elusive, so that we can make a quick exit before "Big Brother" catches up to us.   ;)  I live at the other corner of the country from Sybil; in the frozen wastelands of the northeast.  Hard to grow kiwis in this climate.  Lots of apples, blueberries, and maple syrup.  Very cold winters:  average Jan. temperatures are around -14C at night and around -2C during the day.  I like July better:  14C at night and 27C during the day.  It can be quite humid in the summer.  We have 5 seasons here:  Winter, Mud Season, Spring, Summer, and Autumn.  I understand Sybil's aversion to gophers--I used to live out west.  My kids thing they are cute, but we don't have them here.  We have too many deer, squirrels, and raccoons.  Porcupines can be a nuisance.  Bears are hard to find.  The big attraction is Moose.  I have no quarrel with them, except when they walk through my garden.  One tore out half of my electric fence one time--including the wooden posts!
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Kelsy

• Member at Rest
« Reply #105 on: January 17, 2009, 06:02:53 PM »
What a treasure it is to have this forum, looking forward to study and fellowship.

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #106 on: January 17, 2009, 06:27:13 PM »
Hello Kelsy, and welcome to TRO. We're glad you're here.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2009, 07:21:26 PM »
Hi, Kelsy! We are pleased to have you! Look around and jump into a subject that is of particular interest to you. Jesus is coming!

Lewis

« Reply #108 on: January 17, 2009, 08:01:51 PM »
Welcome to TRO. God bless you in your walk with Him.

daryta

« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2009, 05:42:08 AM »
HI

I am a new member here. I am the kind of person that read more than posting. 

Blessings

Daryta

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #110 on: February 04, 2009, 06:28:47 AM »
HI

I am a new member here. I am the kind of person that read more than posting. 

Blessings

Daryta
Well! We are happy to have you, Daryta, whether you post or not. We hope you will, however, jump into a conversation from time to time. If there is any way we can make your stay with us more pleasant, do let us know. Jesus is coming very soon!

Blessings back to you,

Sybil

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #111 on: February 04, 2009, 11:21:12 AM »
Daryta, read to your heart's content but if you do find something that interests you please join in the discussion. We all learn from each other. Jesus is coming soon. It's time for us to press together.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

colporteur

« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2009, 04:36:32 PM »
Hello;

I'm daryta's husband and like to post more than I like to read. Seriously, I am happy to be on the forum. I have been an LE for going on 18 and converted from Catholicism 19 years ago. I appreciate the tone of this forum and know several of the posters here. I am looking forward keeping up with all the information provided.  :D
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Immanuel

• Senior Moderator
  • Jesus is My Judge
    • Emmanuel Institute of Evangelism
« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2009, 04:40:42 PM »
Colporteur, welcome to the forum. I hope you are blessed as you fellowship with us here.

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2009, 04:53:43 PM »
Hello, Colporteur and Daryta. Welcome to TRO.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2009, 05:05:02 PM »
YAY! Glad to see you here, Colporteur! We have appreciated your dedication to God, His church and His standards. We have topics on a wide range of subjects. Jump in, my brother! Sabbath blessings.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2009, 05:23:13 PM »
Hello;

I'm daryta's husband and like to post more than I like to read. Seriously, I am happy to be on the forum. I have been an LE for going on 18 and converted from Catholicism 19 years ago. I appreciate the tone of this forum and know several of the posters here. I am looking forward keeping up with all the information provided.  :D

Good to see you here, old boy (I'm speaking as an old gray beard myself).  I was missing you elswhere.  You'll find plenty to peruse, and might even find occasion to comment on some issues.  ;D

May I call you cp?  ;)
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

colporteur

« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2009, 05:25:43 PM »
Thank you for the warm welcome. It's good to be among friends. ;)

colporteur

« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2009, 05:51:15 PM »
Wally;

Hey, watch it my good friend, I'm not far past 50 and my beard came off two weeks ago.   ;D
 I tend to forget I'm not 20 anymore accept when such as the other day when I finished splitting 5 cords of wood by hand.
Instead of coming to a new forum this seems like coming home and I think I should have been here long ago. Peace is good.
cp? Hmmm. A novel idea. I'm happy with that.  ;D

Sybil;
Thank's for your enthusiasm my friend !
I am looking forward to making some new friends here as well.

Thank you Tirza and Immanuel for the warm welcome.

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #119 on: February 20, 2009, 06:19:42 PM »
Cp, good to have you with us. I hope you find a topic that interests you and join in. Maybe you'll have some colporteuring stories to share with us??   :D
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}