Author Topic: Citibank Customers' Data Hacked  (Read 5988 times)

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Citibank Customers' Data Hacked
« on: June 10, 2011, 07:57:25 AM »
Citi Says Credit Card Customers’ Data Was Hacked
By CHRIS V. NICHOLSON and ERIC DASH
CitibankRobert Galbraith/Reuters

12:49 p.m. | Updated Citigroup acknowledged on Thursday that unidentified hackers had breached its security and gained access to the data of hundreds of thousands of its credit card customers in North America.

“During routine monitoring, we recently discovered unauthorized access to Citi’s account online,” the bank said in an e-mailed statement. “We are contacting customers whose information was impacted.”

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2011/06/09/citigroup-card-customers-data-hacked/
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

colporteur

Re: Citibank Customers' Data Hacked
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 10:51:38 AM »
I heard the other day on a radio program that shared information on hacking and safety in terms of the internet that there are 1,000 hits per minute where people from all over the world are trying to hack US infrastructure through the internet as well as attempts to hack personal accounts. While it is coming from all over the world they said that the majority is coming from China. There is little or no regulation of the internet in China. It would seem likely that sooner or later this is going to give many US citizens a problem and perhaps SDAs especially. Medical records, checking accounts, utlitlities and who knows what are all vulnerable to be used to no good cause.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

carls365

Re: Citibank Customers' Data Hacked
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 11:19:29 AM »
Citibank AGAIN!? That's three hackings I know about and am sure there have been more. About three years ago,  I had a Citi Card, I just thought I'd keep it in the safe for a backup.  A year later, I get a bill saying I owe $300 for international phone calls to Saudi Arabia and some ski equipment in Washington.

I immediately called them and said I made no such charges and told them that Citicard is in my safe and has never been used, in fact, it's not even signed by me. But they kept saying "you must have used it somewhere". I asked them are you not understanding me? that card has never left the safe, ever. If there are any charges it's because your easy to hack and this is not the only time.  I also told them to spend your money where it'll strengthen your security like better webmasters, trustable  personnel, hire security experts. (I was pretty steamed!) I told them to cancel that card.

They sent me a form saying I'm not responsible for the charges and never heard from them again.