Author Topic: Harold Camping Sets New Date...October 21  (Read 13760 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Harold Camping Sets New Date...October 21
« on: May 24, 2011, 12:29:32 AM »

Yes, Harold Camping and Family Radio are now telling the world that October 21, 2011 is judgment day. Today, at his Oakland office he said this would be his last interview and told reporters that now the world will receive judgment in one day rather than the five months he had said in the past. source  Will he set another day after October 21?  It is his character to do so while proclaiming the Bible says so. The Bible does not err as does Harold Camping.

A Bible Answer continues to offer to purchase the Family Radio stations, not taking possession until October 22. They also invited Family Radio board members to contact them as they called for Harold to be removed from the board and from broadcasting on their network. abibleanswer.org
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
Re: Harold Camping Sets New Date...October 21
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 03:26:33 AM »
I can't help thinking that in some ways II Thess. 2:10, 11 applies to this situation.  . . . because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.  And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.  While parts of this passage do not seem to describe Camping, he has deceived many and refuses to admit his errors.  He is truly deluded.  Is he just stubborn, or completely unable to see truth anymore?

Hopefully his credibility is destroyed and few will listen to his latest prediction.  And when this one fails, what will he come up with next?

I'm somewhat concerned by his conclusions, however.  It seems that the devil may use this to try and discredit our understanding of the Investigative Judgment, although I may be reading more into it than is really there.  "Through chatting with a friend over what he acknowledged was a very difficult weekend, the light dawned on him that instead of the biblical Rapture in which the faithful would be swept up to the heavens, May 21 had instead been a "spiritual" Judgment Day, which places the entire world under Christ's judgment, he said."

Source
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 05:52:33 AM »
The website is apparently gone. http://www.familyradio.com/index2.html

The man is delusional.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Vicki

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 06:52:38 AM »
I'm somewhat concerned by his conclusions, however.  It seems that the devil may use this to try and discredit our understanding of the Investigative Judgment, although I may be reading more into it than is really there.  "Through chatting with a friend over what he acknowledged was a very difficult weekend, the light dawned on him that instead of the biblical Rapture in which the faithful would be swept up to the heavens, May 21 had instead been a "spiritual" Judgment Day, which places the entire world under Christ's judgment, he said."

I noticed the correlation with truth last night when someone told me the man had set another date. I've been wondering what's up with that. It does give an opening to present the truth of the Investigative Judgment, and correcting Camping's misunderstandings with Biblical support.

Vicki

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 06:55:05 AM »
A Bible Answer continues to offer to purchase the Family Radio stations, not taking possession until October 22. They also invited Family Radio board members to contact them as they called for Harold to be removed from the board and from broadcasting on their network. abibleanswer.org

I've been praying a group that presents Bible truth will purchase it. Amazing that Camping has any followers left. Perhaps after Oct 21 he won't have enough to support a radio station.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 05:27:12 AM »
HC's site has been revamped. http://www.familyradio.com/index2.html It looks pretty good, but then again ... he is not strapped for cash to pay for the very best, is he?

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 05:45:34 PM »
Harold Camping, the leader of the apocalyptic movement that predicted the end of the world would begin on May 21, has suffered a stroke, an employee at his radio ministry said Monday.

Camping suffered a “mild stroke,” last Thursday, said an operator at Family Radio, Camping's California-based broadcast ministry.

“He’s presently recuperating in a local hospital and doctors are pleased with his progress,” said the operator, who would not give her name.

“This was all we were told to tell everyone,” said the operator, who said she and Family Radio’s other operators came to work Monday morning to find a short statement from the Camping family on their desks. source
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 06:04:48 PM »
I quickly read that earlier today but thought it was old news. Had no idea it just happened. 

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 08:42:39 PM »
A Bible Answer is reporting the same as is World Net Daily.  Camping was hospitalized suffering from a stroke. Family Radio is not releasing any details. A Bible answer is still offering a million dollars for the Family Radio stations and will not take possession until October 22, the day after Harold and Family Radio are teaching the saints will be raptured.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

colporteur

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 05:32:35 AM »
 I have some advice for Harold Camping. Why not predict that Christ is coming every day of the year and every year ?  This way he is assured of getting the right day sooner or later. 
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 08:41:14 AM »
They are gearing up once more with an October 13 entry. Seven days to go.

http://judgementday2011.com/

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 02:26:26 PM »
Methinks whatever credibility he had is now gone.  I don't think this will get the attention that the previous date did.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10