Author Topic: Are you eating... conventional, organic or gmo fruits and veggies?  (Read 2858 times)

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

colporteur

Re: Are you eating... conventional, organic or gmo fruits and veggies?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 09:34:24 AM »
I am planning to give a sermon on health  in the future. The last topic in the sermon will be about GMO. I'm sure some will not appreciate it as 1/2 the congregation raise cattle in confinement and raise GMO crops. The GMO topic deserves the entire sermon time and then some. However, since I can only give it 10-15  minutes I need to stream line and hit the high points. If nothing else I can point people to sites to do their own research. There seem to be ample former GMO promoters as well as scientists that are not attached to Monsanto that are speaking up.

How would you approach this and use 15 minutes most effectively ?
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

colporteur

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 10:35:13 AM »
 I'm thinking to read the following article or at least most of it. WDYT ?

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/10/06/dr-huber-gmo-foods.aspx
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 07:22:43 PM »
CP, while many may be in favor of growing GM owes, and thus may be a bit prejudiced in favor of them, they have no right to object to proper labeling of food. The food industry has become corrupt. Many ingredients are not reported, labeling is at times very deceptive. I would include this in your sermon as a warning to the congregation of the dangers that are in the food they are eating if they are not educated on the matter. One such example found in many processed foods, is the ingredient natural flavors. Most church members would not be caught dead eating pig, but they may be unintentionally.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.