Author Topic: So Many Disasters ... !  (Read 21816 times)

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
So Many Disasters ... !
« on: April 18, 2011, 10:11:16 AM »
It is difficult to know where to begin when following disasters inhabiting the earth at this moment: fires are overtaking Texas; floods sweep the upper midwest and drought the south; record number of tornadoes over the weekend in the south and that is just in America. It becomes overwhelming to even consider. Our byline explains it:

In accidents and calamities by sea and by land, in great conflagrations, in fierce tornadoes and terrific hailstorms, in tempests, floods, cyclones, tidal waves, and earthquakes, in every place and in a thousand forms, Satan is exercising his power. He sweeps away the ripening harvest, and famine and distress follow. He imparts to the air a deadly taint, and thousands perish by the pestilence. These visitations are to become more and more frequent and disastrous.

Satan is exercising his power but he will not go beyond what God allows. Indeed, as these events increase in intensity, we need to be assured, "It is written." Scriptures tell these things will happen: Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21. What a merciful Savior to let us know these things ahead of time so we may know His coming is at hand.

The angels cry, "Get ready, get ready!"
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Re: So Many Disasters ... !
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 11:09:14 AM »
Because our hearts are easily hardened by all the evil happening around us sometimes we forget recent calamities. It might be interesting to keep track this year of all the natural disasters. So far this as my memory has it....

1) Australian floods
2) Christ Church Earthquake
3) Japanese Earthquake
4) 241 Tornadoes in one storm in the midwest/southeast
5) Fires in Texas cover the size of the state of Rhode Island

Am I missing anything?
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 06:27:26 PM »
Midwest Floods
Southwest/Southeast Drought
There have been some major earthquakes, 6.0+ around as well

Consider deaths caused by diseases of every kind.
Consider our food supply, GMOs, diseased meats/milk/vegetables/fruit

The economy, worldwide.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 06:54:15 PM »
The Japan quake does not reveal the extent of the disaster. The tsunami that followed was even worse!  And the ongoing nuclear disaster needs to be revealed as a separate disaster even though the quake created the tsunami and the tsunami caused the meltdown. And, probably the number of continuing quakes and there magnitude, a number over 7.0.

If there is no quake in California by year's end, I will surprised. California is increasing its stand on immorality. The bold move to instruct little ones in the ways of homosexuality is continuing their in your face agenda opposing the Bible.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 11:32:50 AM »
Yes and there was another quake last evening just under 6.0 in Japan that may have caused fresh leaks to the nuclear reactors.

I failed to add the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 12:30:27 PM »
Wasn't the oil spill last year?
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 01:06:17 PM »
Was it?  :D :D :D Look, I have made some blunders lately and this could be another one. Scratch that one, although the effects will be felt until the end of time.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 01:08:30 PM »
Yep ...  :-[

Spill date: 20 April – 15 July 2010
Well officially sealed: 19 September 2010

Sister Dee

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 02:16:57 PM »
Time just goes too quickly, especially as we get older!  I have moments like that myself.  But, being a middle-aged mom, I have an advantage.  I just ask one of my young ones to help me remember when something happened!   :D  Actually, I had to do this just the other day.  And one of them had the answer.  But now I forget what it was that I was trying to remember!   :P

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 05:43:30 PM »
You are so kind. Actually, tomorrow is the first anniversary. Maybe that is what made it fresh in my mind. At least something up there is fresh!  :P

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 09:03:26 PM »
Tonight we are waiting for the fourth severe storm front to come through in in an hour or so. High winds, twisters, lightening, thunder, possible hail. All in the last three weeks.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 06:35:41 PM »
These need to be cleaned up for chronological order....

1) Australian floods
3) Japanese Earthquake
6) More Tornadoes in the south (over 300 killed)
7) Flooding on the Mississippi River
8) Thousand of birds fall dead out of sky
9) Brazilian Floods (worst ever)
10) Thousands of fish die (multiple places across globe)
11) Worst Drought in 60 years in China affecting wheat prices across the world

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2011, 07:10:42 PM »
Can we include pestilence? But then we all have forgotten about AIDS, cancer, and Alzheimer's. Oh, and Mad Cow Disease. And is....well, I think I will leave that one off. No use asking for trouble.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2011, 10:53:41 AM »
Something is causing all this trouble.

What is God saying while we observe, yea are inundated by water, losing all we have, through these disasters? What is He saying?

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2011, 03:59:32 PM »
God told us what would happen just prior to the second coming. He is now telling us that the Bible is accurate and the His Son is indeed coming to take us home....very soon!!!

Vicki

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 08:27:42 AM »
Yes! A song comes to mind, "Come higher, My children come higher, the Guide Light is moving on..."

After the great flood the children of men chose to build the Tower of Babel to save themselves in case of another disaster. We need to look higher than that. God wants to draw our hearts to Him away from these worldly cares. He will provide for our needs. Trust fully in Him and His eternal salvation.

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2011, 05:29:01 AM »
Natural disasters for 2011 (May have missed some)

1) Australian floods
3) Japanese Earthquake
6) More Tornadoes in the south (over 300 killed)
7) Flooding on the Mississippi River
8) Thousand of birds fall dead out of sky
9) Brazilian Floods (worst ever)
10) Thousands of fish die (multiple places across globe)
11) Worst Drought in 60 years in China affecting wheat prices across the world
12 Phoenix Dust Storm

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2011, 09:37:31 PM »
Check me on this, but off the top of my head:

Japanese quake, then a tsunami, then the meltdown of multiple nuclear reactors and the release of radioactivity into the air and water. The greatest natural disaster in Japanese history.
The highest number of quakes over 6.0 in world history.
Worst fire in Arizona history.
Worst fire season in New Mexico history.

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2011, 06:11:41 PM »
Don't forget China.

"Food prices are expected to rise steeply in China after flooding inundated more than 1 million acres of farmland in eastern provinces, killing at least 100 people and displacing hundreds of thousands more.…The rains have forced almost 1,000 businesses to suspend operations and affected the lives of 5.7 million people.…" source

"More than 1.6 million people have been evacuated across China as of Wednesday, and the country’s Ministry of Civil Affairs estimated the total direct economic losses at 32.02 billion yuan ($4.9 billion).…" source

There was a news video on the internet this week showing several hundred people stranded on a bridge which had partially washed out. They used a huge scoop to move the people off the bridge onto land. The video is here.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2011, 06:32:10 PM »
CNN headline with news article: 2011: Year of billion-dollar disasters