Author Topic: Deer is protecting nesting goose who lost her mate  (Read 1778 times)

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
Deer is protecting nesting goose who lost her mate
« on: April 06, 2011, 10:54:58 AM »
It's a scene right out of a Disney movie, mother goose has lost her lifelong mate and is now left alone to create and tend to her nest.  She spends the day sheltering her eggs from the cold spring air inside an empty cemetery urn she has chosen as home.

The loss of her male partner and guardian now makes her vulnerable to any would-be predators that choose to approach the nest.  But, in an unlikely twist of fate, an adult deer has befriended the mother goose, taking over the role of protector.  story and video
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Deer is protecting nesting goose who lost her mate
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 11:16:54 AM »
I LOVE that! Thank you for bringing to our attention! God's creatures are an amazement!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Deer is protecting nesting goose who lost her mate
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 09:44:04 AM »
Animals are more intelligent and caring than many suppose.  That humans would learn from them!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.