Author Topic: SPRING 2011  (Read 45179 times)

Sister Dee

Re: SPRING 2011
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2011, 09:52:34 AM »
Yes, it has been so very dry here!  But we are rejoicing in all the blossoming trees and the greening up of the landscape.   :)

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2011, 10:20:57 AM »
Besides the Red Winged Black Birds that showed a couple of weeks as a sure sign of spring so did these....

By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2011, 10:47:34 AM »
What is that, Jim? Housing of some kind?
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2011, 10:54:55 AM »
I'll give ya a hint.

That barrel is connected to that Maple tree via a hollow tube. :)
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2011, 11:09:37 AM »
 ;D Got it! "Coming to a store near you!"

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2011, 12:28:11 PM »
It was really bad here yesterday!! 84.  Worked up a sweat!   :)   Its coming your way, Wally!!!

I wish I had a maple tree!! But we have flowers! They are starting to bloom!!!  Away with the snow.  I was told that there is 58 feet of snow in the Sierras!

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2011, 12:51:20 PM »
Wow!! Richard, is that a current picture? I love the contrast in the bright colors. We are a couple of months from seeing such beauty. Right now all is brown and dead as you can see from the picture I posted. I'm not suppose to be jealous Richard so I will be happy for you instead. :)

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2011, 03:00:31 PM »
Nice picture, Richard.  If I didn't know better, I'd be tempted to think that your were rubbing it in.  ;D

Jim, how's the sap running this year?  Everyone I've talked to around here is having a great season, so far.  The weather has been slow to warm up, with a lot of cold nights and low 40's during the day--ideal conditions.  Of course, today was a bit of a setback.  ::)  12" on the ground, and it's still coming down, although not as heavily as it was around noon time.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2011, 05:43:58 PM »
Tempted? Why?  I have to pay $8 for a tiny bottle of maple syrup!!!

If it makes you feel better, the flowers just came up!  I just took the photos. So, you are going to have an early spring. Besides, I really was sweating today. I am thankful that the temp will drop tomorrow back into the 60s.  :) I like spring!!

Have a blessed Sabbath!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2011, 03:35:03 AM »
This "spring" storm produced 15" of snow.  That makes this April the 3rd snowiest April in the past 25 years--with 4 more weeks to go!  Fortunately we rarely get measurable snow after the middle of the month.  But it might be therapeutic to see more pictures of spring wildflowers from those regions which are really experiencing spring.  :)
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2011, 04:08:33 AM »
I will see if I can help your folk out who are just weeks away from real spring!   Its dark outside now, so....

Here is a blow up that may suffice.  Print it and stick it in your kitchen window just above the sink!   :)

The Master Artist!

Vicki

« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2011, 02:37:54 PM »
Beautiful flowers! Son would rather see Wally's snow.  :D

Wally

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2011, 03:33:07 PM »
Free for the taking--as much as he wants.  Specifically between the house and the road--where my driveway used to be.  ::)  Hurry, supplies are limited.  ;D

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2011, 03:39:20 PM »
We can supply as much as he wants. Global warming is history Al Gore. He can keep his Leer Jet and three SUVs. 

740 inches (more than 61 feet) of snow have fallen at Donner Summit this winter - one of only four years since 1900 in which totals exceeded 700 inches, according to the Department of Water Resources. The average snowfall for the spot is about 400 inches.

Besides the little guy won't have to pull his wagon as far. Maine is a long ways away!  How does Maine do for snow? Have you had 61 feet?

Vicki

« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2011, 03:58:53 PM »
Wally, he'll settle for a picture.   :)

We traveled into the Sierra last week - no sign of global warming there. Friends reported their house has so much snow around it that they must stand on tiptoes to see out their windows.  But, can you believe we traveled all that way to sit in church for a Creation Seminar and didn't stay an extra day to play in the snow. Talk about a sad little boy!

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2011, 05:41:16 PM »
Wally,

snow cream   ;D

Use Silk Almond or Soy   ;D

Save me some ............. ;D    ;D
Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2011, 06:59:10 PM »
We did that, Edward, and used Trader Joe's organic, low-fat, vanilla soy milk! It was delicious!

I'll take a load, Wally!

Wally

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2011, 03:13:53 AM »
  How does Maine do for snow? Have you had 61 feet?

That's how I keep things in perspective.  I remember my days in the Sierras, living in snow canyons all winter.  The average snowfall was around 35 or 40'.  The first winter I spent there the maximum snow depth was 10 1/2'.  That year we still had 2' on the ground the first of June.  Sometimes it was therapeutic to drive down to Placerville to see green grass.  ;D

In my section of Maine, I've never seen it deeper than about 3 1/2'.  I've measured just over 9' this winter, which is probably about normal.  It varies according to elevation, of course, and northern Maine gets more than we do.  We can't compete with the mountains out west.  But it's much colder here than in the Sierras, which also means that the snow is usually not wet and heavy.  So what am I complaining about?   ???

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2011, 11:57:23 AM »
There are huge, dangerous storms in the Nashville area right now, even some into Kentucky, bounding through with 70 mph winds. Tornado warnings have been sounded.

Graphics - Weather.com

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2011, 06:43:14 PM »
Yes, dear Sybil, it did hit KY! Last night, the winds screamed around the house, hard to sleep. This AM, while Elizabeth was getting ready for school, I was praying and watching the black clouds roll in, and by the time she left, it was raining. She made it fine, but she called around 11:30, asking if things were ok here. Her nursing class was sent to the basement, as there was a tornado warning. One was spotted, and I have heard of some uprooted trees, but no damage at the school, or here. I tell you, Psalm 91 gets more precious every day. We have had storms off and on all day, have unplugged the computer 3 times, but tonight, the temp. is 44º and winds calm.This morning it was somewhere around 70, supposed to get to 38º tonight.
Dora