Author Topic: SPRING 2011  (Read 45278 times)

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Re: SPRING 2011
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2011, 06:03:52 AM »
We are happy for that, too, Dora.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2011, 07:25:37 AM »
Fatigue caused me to forget to cover outside plants last night! :( Hollyhocks and calla lilies have massive casualties this morning. The lilacs are probably gone, too! Such disappointment, but in the face of what the south is experiencing, this is nothing.  

Vicki

« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2011, 07:45:58 AM »
So glad to know you are fine, Dora!

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2011, 06:53:45 AM »
Nature is turned out of its normal order.  It won't be long before many will be blaming God for all of the disasters, and in turn blaming some others for not keep the sun day holy.    Wars, rumors of wars, famine, pestilence, and earthquakes in diverse places. Fires, floods, hurricanes, tsunamis, and evil increasing at rapid rates. Corruption and immorality running rampant. Spring of 2011 is indeed a spring of sorrows.

We are thankful for our friends in the South have been spared and pray for those who are suffering. The devastation is immense and flooding continues.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2011, 07:21:52 AM »
Amen, Brother Richard! All of what you said above is so true! Now, the flooding is getting severe in Paducah..(near where we go to church,) although I do not think it will bother our church, some of our members' homes are in danger. Please pray for them. It is raining again today, and supposed to be tomorrow..The reason we were without power for two days, a tornado touched down about 8-10 miles NE of us, and took out 19 poles, and destroyed the wiring. Very little damage to any buildings..one barn, and some other outbuildings, but it hit where there were no houses, thankfully.

No, I have not seen such an April, in my 78 years of living. Sure do hope the weather gets better before camp meeting the last of this month. Yes, the devastation in the South is unreal. I cannot even imagine what those people are going through! they sure do need our prayers and any other help we can give.
Dora

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2011, 10:58:31 AM »
Jesus smiles. He is not always solemn. But, as when He was in the garden under great trial, there are times when we do not smile. This is but the beginning of sorrows as has been pointed out. Jesus is going to have a people who reflect Him, His character. We are to glory in our tribulation, for it teaches us to be patient and gives us an experience whereby we are blessed.  And...in this trial we are to be His witnesses. Let us press together as we abide in Christ.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2011, 11:58:30 AM »
Nature is turned out of its normal order. 

That is the phrase I have looked for - "turned out of its natural course." It is at midnight when God chose to deliver His people ... we know the quote. I think of nature being turned out of its natural course when such strange, unpredictable events happen such as snow on the 4th of July or August 31, freezes in summer, very warm, dry winters - yes, we have had them and so have some of you. We have heavy, deep snows all around us, but none here. Flakes are falling but it is too warm to stick. Our low tonight will be in the mid-twenties under star-lit skies, followed by a very nice warm up. At least that is the forecast. 

We need spring, don't we? We need an eternal spring in a heavenly country and the company of Jesus forever more. Oh how we long for it. He is our refuge. 

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2011, 05:47:38 PM »
The flooding situation in Paducah and surrounding towns/communities has worsened. Some of our members are having to leave their homes. This has to be so sad. But, I know they are thankful it is not like it was in the South. Many have been helping with sandbagging, but the water creeps closer. One town (Smithland) was being evacuated today.

Source

Dora

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #108 on: May 05, 2011, 11:07:54 AM »
Horrible, Dora! Another levee was removed and water is quickly moving down the Ohio/Mississippi. A map The Weather Channel is showing includes your area for more flooding. Are you high enough to escape it? Do let us know. You are in our prayers.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #109 on: May 07, 2011, 03:46:23 PM »
The strange spring continues; at least as it relates to the avian world.  I saw my first Ruby-throated Hummingbird yesterday, 2 days earlier than I've ever seen one before.  On the other side of the house was a male Common Redpoll, 5 days later than I've ever seen one before.  My records for this location go back 25 years, so this is unusual.  These oddities are occurring in other places around the State, as well, so it is a puzzle.

But at least it has stopped snowing.   ;D  Although I spoke to a man yesterday who woke up to snow that morning.  ::)  He lives a bit higher, and closer to the mountains than I do.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #110 on: May 07, 2011, 05:33:31 PM »
I believe, Wally, that even nature is showing signs of Christ soon coming. Odd behaviors (wolf packs of 400, birds falling dead out of the sky) and such. I'm not sure if Paul was actually referring the natural world here but it seems to apply...

Rom 8:22  For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #111 on: May 07, 2011, 08:50:43 PM »
Yes, it does.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2011, 09:01:21 AM »
I hope you are all enjoying a beautiful spring in your respective corners of the country.  We are under an "Omega Block."  ::)  That means that the jet stream is flowing in the shape of the Greek letter, Ω .  That gives nice warm spring weather to the center part of the country and puts us under a relentless onslaught of damp weather.  It's been hard to find more than 2 days in a row of good weather this spring.  The forecast is for showers or rain through the end of the week.  :(  I'm thankful that I was able to plant peas and chard last Sunday.

But, at least were not having tornadoes or flooding.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Vicki

« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2011, 10:58:09 AM »
Winter has come back. Rain, sleet, high winds and cold toes.  :( Husband is out tilling the garden in this despicable weather.

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2011, 12:53:59 PM »
It's the middle of May and I have the heat on. Our high today is only about 58. Normally our lows at this time of year are higher that that. It's been AC one week, heat the next, AC the week after, the heat the following week. I'm so tired of this crazy weather. At least we aren't having the awful storms.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Wally

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2011, 04:05:35 PM »
I've kindled a fire several times today.  It barely broke 50 and has rained all day.  Flood watches for tonight in some areas.  Small potatoes compared to the regions along the Mississippi.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #116 on: May 15, 2011, 04:51:59 PM »
Spring begins in March in California. It is perfect in April, and then in May it starts getting hot. Used to be that we had 100 degree weather by May. Right now, we have some sun and a few clouds. But, an hour ago we Al Gore was proved a phony.  He needs to set his jet and SUV aside for awhile and take a look at what global warming is doing in America. Here are a couple of pictures I took an hour ago. Remember the picture of the "roadrunner" in my front yard? Here is the same yard an hour ago.

The white stuff is hail. We don't get hail that big. It is twice the size of what we got last year at this time. Nature is outside of her norm. It is not global warming.  It is cold, very cold for the middle of May. Another bad year for fruit trees and tomatoes.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #117 on: May 15, 2011, 04:57:48 PM »
These are a few tomato plants that I have not re-potted yet.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2011, 05:09:50 PM »
I lived in Calif. for 25 years and never saw hail that big--but that was before "global warming."  ::)  It often hailed in the summer, when I lived in the mountains, but it was pea-size, not marble or bigger.  I hope the rest of your growing season goes better.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2011, 06:36:04 PM »
Oh no! Richard! Did it break the plants and ruin them?