Author Topic: Tokyo Mayor "Divine Judgment"  (Read 6769 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Tokyo Mayor "Divine Judgment"
« on: March 16, 2011, 03:03:54 PM »
The governor of Tokyo, Shintaro Ishihara, suggested that the tsunami was "divine punishment" for the "egoism" of the Japanese people. He called it "tembatsu", divine punishment. "I do feel sorry for the victims," he said.  Ishihara said: "Japanese politics is tainted with egoism and populism. We need to use the tsunami to wipe out egoism, which has attached itself like rust to the mentality of the Japanese people over a long period of time."
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Tokyo Mayor "Divine Judgment"
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 04:17:55 PM »
Wow - that is quite amazing.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 06:12:11 PM »
Not sure the tsunami will accomplish his wish, but the  meltdown of Fukushima might. We need to continue to pray for the people of Japan.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Kelsy

• Member at Rest
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 06:23:37 PM »
I am placing this here as I do not know a better place..and i am not sure that it has not been posted somewhere else..so feel free to delete if necessary...received this in an email yesterday...

Sent: Monday, March 14, 2011 3:23 PM
Subject: SDA Update from Japan

Dear Church Family,

Here is an update from our SE Cal. Conf re. our SDA church in Sendai, Japan where the Tsunami hit.
    All the church members are alive and accounted for. The church is in good enough condition to be used as
    an evacuation site.  Praise be to the Lord. Please pray that our brothers and sisters in Christ
    be anointed with the Holy Spirit to be a saving blessing for all those around them.

"Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith." Hebrews 12:2a

Paul A. Lundgrin

Friends,
    Latest news a few minutes ago from Dean Horinouchi, pastor of the Mission Road church, is that all Seventh-day Adventist Church members in Japan have been accounted for. No members have lost their lives, although some have lost homes.

The Adventist church in Sendai, the city hardest hit by the earthquake/tsunami, is inland, so was not damaged by the tsunami. Pastor Horinouchi said he’s heard it probably will be set up as an evacuation center. There was a little damage to the parsonage, but nothing major.

Morihiro Kohama, associate pastor of the Mission Road church, is scheduled to return to Japan on March 27 after serving here in California for the past five years. He has been assigned to Sendai. Mission Road members plan to send money with him to use in relief work there.

Here are a few links to information about what today’s Press-Enterprise calls Japan’s “growing humanitarian, nuclear and economic crisis.” I’m focusing here on church-related websites, assuming that you all have your favorite TV, print and computer news sources.

ADRA International: http://www.adra.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=11277&security=1&news_iv_ctrl=1141 (Gives information about donating online or by phone.)
    ADRA Japan: http://www.adrajpn.org/ (Page is in Japanese but includes regular updates in English.)
    Japan Union Mission: http://www.adventist.jp/juc/english/index.html
    Adventist News Network: http://news.adventist.org/
    Also check the ADRA and Mission Road church’s Facebook pages for information updates.

Here’s a map from the home page of the New York Times that has absolutely fascinated me. You can move the vertical line back and forth to see before-and-after maps that will break your heart: http://tinyurl.com/4pexsqb. Scroll down to the city of Sendai, where Pastor Kohama will be going and see what challenges he and his members will be dealing with.

The first few verses of Psalm 46 have been floating through my mind all weekend as I try to bend my mind around the enormity of what happened on Friday in Japan. What a precious promise this must be to our members there:

“God is our refuge and strength,
    A very present help in trouble.
    Therefore we will not fear,
    Even though the earth be removed,
    And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
    Though its waters roar and be troubled,
    Though the mountains shake with its swelling.” (NKJV)

Jocelyn Fay
    Assistant to the President for Communication
    Southeastern California Conference of Seventh-day Adventists
    (951-509-2253 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              951-509-2253      end_of_the_skype_highlighting)