Author Topic: False Prophet, Harold Camping--May 21 Will Come and Go  (Read 21725 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
False Prophet, Harold Camping--May 21 Will Come and Go
« on: January 21, 2011, 10:41:44 AM »
Harold Camping preaches that Jesus is coming on May 21, 2011.

"JUDGMENT DAY is feared by the world and is the day that God will destroy the world because of the sins of mankind. The world is correct in believing that Judgment Day will come. The Bible gives us the correct and accurate information about that Day.....Because the year 2011 A.D. is exactly 7,000 years after 4990 B.C. when the flood began, the Bible has given us absolute proof that the year 2011 is the end of the world during the Day of Judgment, which will come on the last day of the Day of Judgment.

Amazingly, May 21, 2011 is the 17th day of the 2nd month of the Biblical calendar of our day. Remember, the flood waters also began on the 17th day of the 2nd month, in the year 4990 B.C.

The Holy Bible gives several additional astounding proofs that May 21, 2011 is very accurate as the time for the Day of Judgment."  Harold Camping

We have been eagerly waiting for this day. Why do we care? Because it is not just his teaching of when Jesus will come that is in error, but many other of his doctrinal teachings are in error. When the world does not end, it ought to awaken some to the fact that Harold Camping is a false prophet and his Bible teaching is not to be trusted. This is not the first time he has prophesied the end would come. He had made a similar prophecy in 1994.

From a current article on the subject:
"Once again, Harold Camping is making his prediction concerning Judgment Day, which he declares will take place on May 21. There has also been another date predicted of Dec. 21, 2012. I wonder which date is correct?

On July 16, 1994, Camping made the same prediction, when he stated the end would occur in September
Biblical scholar's date for rapture: May 21, 2011 Harold Camping lets out a hearty chuckle when he considers the people who believe the world will end in 2012.

"That date has not one stitch of biblical authority," Camping says from the Oakland office where he runs Family Radio, an evangelical station that reaches listeners around the world. "It's like a fairy tale."

The real date for the end of times, he says, is in 2011.

The Mayans and the recent Hollywood movie "2012" have put the apocalypse in the popular mind this year, but Camping has been at this business for a long time. And while Armageddon is pop science or big-screen entertainment to many, Camping has followers from the Bay Area to China.

Camping, 88, has scrutinized the Bible for almost 70 years and says he has developed a mathematical system to interpret prophecies hidden within the Good Book. One night a few years ago, Camping, a civil engineer by trade, crunched the numbers and was stunned at what he'd found: The world will end May 21, 2011...." source

As Seventh-day ADVENTISTS, we understand that Jesus is coming soon. We have been giving that message boldly. The end is at hand, but not in May of this year. The Bible is clear in regards to our being able to know that the return of Jesus is near. There are signs that tell us. This forum, Signs of the Times directs our minds to events that point to His soon coming. Just a boldly as we preach the soon return, I also say that Jesus is not coming in May of 2011. There remains some specific Bible prophecies that must happen before Jesus comes. They can happen rapidly, but they will not happen in the next three months.

2012 is a date that many in the world are thinking that the end may come. There too, are many false prophecies. So, we await that date when many will understand that they have trusted to the wrong "teachers". The Bible is to be our counselor and our guide. There we find a safe source of information regarding the end of the world. The Lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him and at an hour when he is not aware...Be ye therefore ready, also for the Son of Man cometh at an hour when ye think not.  Luke 12:26, 24:40.

The wise will understand as the time approaches that it is near. There are many signs in the Bible. We have noted these verses and are pointing to the signs of the times as they occur. We will not name a day or an hour when the Son Man will come. That is not for us to know. But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.  Mark 13:32

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

colporteur

Re: False Prophet, Harold Camping--May 21 Will Come and Go
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 02:08:19 PM »
I keep thinking that one of these times Satan is going to key off the date and something is going to happen.
The problem with these false prophets is that when the time passes people do not seem to consider the prophet false just that he made a mistake. Since people are hooked on dates they just look ahead to the next prediction.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 02:22:46 PM »
Anyone who has studied Biblical chronology to any extent will immediately notice the erroneous dates that he has used.  Where does he come up with a date of 4990 BC for the Flood?  That's off by over 2000 years.  The correct date is closer to 2345 BC.  His chronology would make the earth 8650 (+ or -) years old.  His faulty chronology immediately makes any predictions of he end of the world bogus at the outset--assuming one could even know that date.  His predictions are no better than those of the Mayan calendar.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 04:48:46 AM »
Amen, and much more harmful because they come from a professing Christian. Many souls will be lost when they realize the deception they have imbibed.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 04:05:02 AM »
I have never listened to "Christian" radio so Camping is unknown to me. Googled "Harold Camping" predictions. What a collection of failed predictions, and people continue to follow him? Amazing!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Sister Dee

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 07:55:18 AM »
We used to tune into that station.  It became evident to us that Camping had some strange ideas.  But, if I recall correctly, they had some really nice music. 

I'm not sure why people continue to follow men like this, but they do.  Many of the popular TV "evangelists" have been exposed for their deceit, lifestyles, etc.  Yet they still have huge followings!  People do not seek out and love the truth.  They stay where they are comfortable. 

Actually, an event in my life comes to mind for me.  The first time I was baptized by immersion was back in 1993 in another denomination.  I had come to the point where I realized that there were people that went to church because they loved Jesus and not for mere formality!  At Christmas of that same year, the pastor announced he was divorcing his wife.  There was no infidelity on her part (though it was much later apparent to all that he had committed adultery in his heart with someone else) and it was a great shock to our little congregation.  A meeting was soon called of the church to vote whether or not to retain this man as the pastor.  Folks who wanted to were given a chance to speak.  Very little biblical evidence was offered, it was mostly about feelings.  In the end, only something like five or seven of us voted for him to go.  Everyone else loved this man and wanted him to stay.  Walking away from that church was one of the hardest things I had ever done up to that time in my life.  It seemed like a death in the family.

When people will rely solely on God's Word, their eyes will be opened! 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 09:34:07 AM »
Amen!  Many who follow Camping have had a bad experience in a church and when he teaches the "church age" is over, that sounds right to them. So much wrong in so many churches. They don't know where to turn. So, he becomes their church. And, as you say, they put up with his false prophecies because they do not follow the Bible.  We pray that the honest of heart will be awakened on May 22 if not before.

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 04:54:53 PM »
The NSL ( National Sunday Law ) & Worldwide Sunday Law > followed by the sealing & Loud Cry and evangelism and harvesting, end of all human probation and the leading away of Azal by the fit man into the wilderness,  & Seven Last Plagues, resurrection of Daniel Ch 12, rainbow around the groups and individuals, voice of Father God speaking to the sealed, and the time to travel from Heaven down to Earth .............all this by May 21st this year ?????????????      

Amos 3:7 would have to be broken .............................  and < Jesus Christ speaking >
......Scripture cannot be broken...... John 10:35  {ST, November 27, 1893 par. 7}  
Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 10:06:16 PM »
Less than a month left before there are some who are going to be looking for a new "man" to follow. Let us pray for these poor deluded souls. 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 05:46:28 PM »
Just a little more than two weeks and Harold Camping and Family Radio will be shown to be again preaching a false message. All may know that he is a false prophet. Let us continue to pray for those who came under his deception. There are many who will be looking for truth after they hit bottom on May 22.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 08:29:35 AM »
From Religion Press Release Services:

Jennifer Lee
Manager, Communications
The Washington Post
Office: 202-334-5207 Mobile: 202-365-8486
jennifer.lee@wpost.com

Washington Post's On Faith: May 21, 2011: the end of the world?

This week's question to the On Faith Panelists:
May 21, 2011: the end of the world?

Family Radio evangelist Harold Camping believes that he has calculated the exact date of the rapture: May 21, 2011. While many are laughing at the suggestion, Camping's followers are taking him seriously, bringing his message of impending doom to billboards and public spaces around the country.

Among the views:

* Richard Dawkins: Science explains the end of the world
    * Brian McLaren: End times theology: an insider's guide
    * Jason Boyett: Harold Camping and the apocalypse of my youth
    * Brad Hirschfield: What happens when the Messiah doesn't show?

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 12:38:05 PM »
Somehow I completely missed the 2nd part of Camping's prediction:

His current end times prediction is that the Rapture  will be on May 21, 2011 and that God will completely destroy the Earth and the universe  five months later on October 21.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 01:08:26 PM »
Yes, he believes the true Christians will miss the tribulation. Judgment day begins May 21. I think that he may be disappointed when he finds that he is still here and has to live through the tribulations. What a shock!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2011, 10:11:34 AM »
Harold Camping while preaching that Jesus is coming on May 21, 2011 has refused an offer from A Bible Answer to purchase his radio stations. A Bible Answer has offered one million dollars to Family Radio. The offer if accepted would have allowed Harold Camping and Family Radio to keep the stations until May 22, the day after they say they will be raptured away from this earth. If they will be gone, then why do they wish to keep their stations?  The Huffington Post reports that Harold Camping calculated the date from his study of the Bible. Family Radio is based in Oakland California. See A Bible Answer's offer at http://abibleanswer.org

It is sad that some of his followers have been true to their beliefs by selling what they have and putting their treasure into the work of spreading this false gospel. May 22 will be a very sad day for Harold Camping and his followers. Harold Camping made his prophecy regarding the second coming of Christ. I would like to make one also. Harold Camping will be left behind on May 21. Let us pray for him and his followers.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2011, 11:20:09 PM »
There are not many hours left until in the Far East it is May 21.  Listening to Family Radio today left me with the question as to why they were not warning people all day long 24/7 that the end is coming? If I believed the end was coming in a few days, I would be up all night on my 44 radio stations telling people to get ready! Harold Camping was not.

colporteur

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 05:05:25 AM »
There are not many hours left until in the Far East it is May 21.  Listening to Family Radio today left me with the question as to why they were not warning people all day long 24/7 that the end is coming? If I believed the end was coming in a few days, I would be up all night on my 44 radio stations telling people to get ready! Harold Camping was not.

I can think of only one four letter word, that under any scenerio, why Harold C is not screaming from the roof top, and selling his station and taking every penny to further the massage in the last few days. The word is "self." If he truly believed that Christ was coming on this date and if he truly cares about the people asa true prophet would, he would not react in the same manner one would react if this were about attention and money. He is a deceiver. However when these predictions like this are made I often wonder if Satan or friends, one of these times will make an appearance on the date as an angel of light with a message, something to the effect, "Christ would have come on this date BUT !"
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 06:56:48 AM »
Harold Camping is in the news!  Here is a typical story from yesterday:

Judgment Day is fabulous for business.

Just ask Family Radio, the evangelical nonprofit that has plastered billboards and driven vans across the Bay Area and the world proclaiming the end of the world will be Saturday. The Oakland-based nonprofit has raised more than $100 million over the past seven years, according to tax returns. It owns 66 radio stations across the globe and was worth more than $72 million in 2009.

As The End nears, donations have spiked, a board member says, enabling Family Radio to spend millions of dollars on more than 5,000 billboards......The recent marketing blitz has drawn international media attention and the Day of Reckoning date trended as the hottest Google search Tuesday.

A Bible Answer would do well to purchase Family Radio for $1,000,000. 66 Radio Stations were worth 72 million dollars. But, Harold Camping is set on taking them with him when he is raptured. Yet, he tells us that it is impossible for the billionaire to take his money with him. Harold Camping and Family Radio do not live out their faith. If they did, they would have sold their assets and put their money into proclaiming the soon coming of Jesus. After all, when you know the day and the hour, it would be a safe investment.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 06:59:12 AM »
Shocking, isn't it?

Sister Dee

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 08:42:17 AM »
If I believed the end was coming in a few days, I would be up all night on my 44 radio stations telling people to get ready! Harold Camping was not.

Truly!  It is my prayer that his followers will see this one more inconsistency on Camping's part. 

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2011, 05:40:20 PM »
I'll tell you, this is all over the news. The followers are interviewed and are as sincere as can be - sincerely deceived. My heart absolutely breaks for them!

CNN reported Camping as saying earthquakes will begin rolling around the various time zones and if the world thought Japan's was devastating, these will far exceed it. I cannot believe that this man has been able to convince anyone of all this. Of course, there are those who simply want to believe against all reason. It just is not there in Scripture. Woe, woe, woe to those poor souls who quit jobs, sold everything they have ... the disappointment will be beyond devastating! If they had only studied prophecy! If only ... instead of listening to this old man, this false prophet!