Author Topic: God's Controlled Burns  (Read 25463 times)

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
Re: God's Controlled Burns
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2010, 03:50:56 PM »
Wow, I had not been following this thread, and did not know about your situation, Sybil.  I am so sorry to hear about this.  Will be praying for you, of course, especially that the Lord will give you the strength needed to get through this, no matter how it turns out.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2010, 05:09:58 PM »
Bless you - thank you, Wally.

It's not the pastor or elders that have the "special touch" but God in following His directions.

Yes, it is God, yet in my experience this is possibly where James 5:13-16 comes alive in my heart.

Jas 5:13  Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.
Jas 5:14  Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
Jas 5:15  And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
Jas 5:16  Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

It is my duty to call the elders. I didn't have that opportunity but had it in the works. This may sound petty, small-minded yet this battle for health is with my favorite partner, God and He has been leading me relative to the persons and the timing. It is so personal (although I share it here with my spiritual family) that the anointing service needed planning and spiritual preparation. Nothing could be more personal, at least for me.

My experience with God is that the spirituality of the minister matters. The same goes for the elders. It was not my desire to have a woman elder up front in the circle of male elders, yet one was there because the district churches were in attendance. I would not have had it be so. It was not that I wanted such a tight control over matters but that the men gathered around me in this most serious appointment with God for healing, include those men I know who have been tried and tested by God and have emerged victorious: holy men of Israel with none of the fruits of the Spirit missing. "By their fruits ye shall know them." We studied together ten years ago and it was they and the Holy Spirit who led me to the foot of the Cross for the first time and to be among them for this solemn service was my heart's desire.

God could have preempted it, for right now I do not know. Maybe the plan was my plan and not His. I only wanted to enter into it with the best I knew. May He forgive me if this was not His plan and what happened today, being such a surprise, completely unplanned, will bring about the same result. He knows my heart and those gathered round about. Not my will but His be done.  
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Vicki

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2010, 06:34:37 PM »

Jas 5:13  Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.
Jas 5:14  Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
Jas 5:15  And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
Jas 5:16  Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

It is my duty to call the elders. I didn't have that opportunity but had it in the works. This may sound petty, small-minded yet this battle for health is with my favorite partner, God and He has been leading me relative to the persons and the timing. It is so personal (although I share it here with my spiritual family) that the anointing service needed planning and spiritual preparation. Nothing could be more personal, at least for me.

I whole-heartedly agree. I could tell you were disappointed about what happened and hoped to change that somewhat.

The pastor had no business calling for an anointing service - it is very personal & there are preperations to make before hand. I doubt there was anything standing between you and God. You seem like the type of person to clear things quickly. A time for meditation, preparation, to search your heart completely would have been ideal. I am sorry that was denied you.

Having people participate who you would rather not be there is very troublesome. But, there were men present who you do have faith in being righteous before God - The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. That I would lean on for affirmation that God was present and heard the prayers.

I am sorry you were disappointed. If you don't think you were ready for anointing perhaps consider going through with your plans for the other service. Something to pray about, consider.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2010, 07:13:56 PM »
I think I'll leave it alone for a while. God will need to tap me on the shoulder on this one.

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2010, 08:25:14 PM »
I don't remember the offical name.  The item is a soft sturdy cloth device whereby the baby can be cuddled and sleep upon the mother's heart, while she finishes her work.

I will call it a cuddle sling.  

Father God has a unique "cuddle sling" that not only holds close, but preserves.  He is called Jesus.   Jesus called death > sleep.    That's all it is to Him, dreamless sleep, preserved in His cuddle sling, close to His heart > while He finishes His closing work.

Psalms 37:28  For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved <08104> for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.

Matthew 9:17  Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved<4933>.

Luke 5:38  But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved<4933>.

1 Thessalonians 5:23  And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved <5083> blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Jude 1:1  Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved <5083> in Jesus Christ, and called:

08104 rmv shamar shaw-mar’

a primitive root; v; {See TWOT on 2414}

AV-keep 283, observe 46, heed 35, keeper 28, preserve 21, beware 9, mark 8, watchman 8, wait 7, watch 7, regard 5, save 2, misc 9; 468

1) to keep, guard, observe, give heed
1a) (Qal)
1a1) to keep, have charge of
1a2) to keep, guard, keep watch and ward, protect, save life
1a2a) watch, watchman (participle)
1a3) to watch for, wait for
1a4) to watch, observe
1a5) to keep, retain, treasure up (in memory)
1a6) to keep (within bounds), restrain
1a7) to observe, celebrate, keep (sabbath or covenant or commands), perform (vow)
1a8) to keep, preserve, protect
1a9) to keep, reserve
1b) (Niphal)
1b1) to be on one’s guard, take heed, take care, beware
1b2) to keep oneself, refrain, abstain
1b3) to be kept, be guarded
1c) (Piel) to keep, pay heed
1d) (Hithpael) to keep oneself from

4933 sunthrew suntereo soon-tay-reh’-o from 4862 and 5083; TDNT-8:151,1174; v   AV-preserve 2, observe 1, keep 1; 4

1) to preserve (a thing from perishing or being lost)
2) to keep within one’s self, keep in mind (a thing, lest it be forgotten)

5083 threw tereo tay-reh’-o

from teros (a watch, perhaps akin to 2334); TDNT-8:140,1174; v  AV-keep 57, reserve 8, observe 4, watch 2, preserve 2, keeper 1, hold fast 1; 75

1) to attend to carefully, take care of
1a) to guard
1b) metaph. to keep, one in the state in which he is
1c) to observe
1d) to reserve: to undergo something

Christ's true followers will represent Him in character. They turn aside from worldly policy and are being trained for everyday service in the cause of God. In active service they find peace and hope, efficiency and power. They are conscious that they are breathing the breath of heaven, the only atmosphere in which the soul can live. By obedience they are made partakers of the divine nature. The doing of the living principles of the law of God makes them one with Christ. And He has pledged Himself to raise them up at the last day. Because He lives they will live also. He will raise them up as a part of Himself. {21MR 347.4}

He declares, "As the living Father hath sent Me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth Me, even he shall live by Me" [John 6:57]. This is the will of Him that sent Me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on Him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day" [verse 40]. Christ became one with us in humanity in order that we might become one with Him in life everlasting. Thus our life is united with His life. He proclaimed over the rent sepulchre of Joseph, "I am the resurrection, and the life."  {21MR 348.1}
Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2010, 06:43:22 AM »
Amen. Thank you, Ed. I believe God keeps us all in His cuddle sling until that Great Day, whether we are above the ground or below it.

Sister Dee

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2010, 07:42:17 AM »
I am sorry you were disappointed. If you don't think you were ready for anointing perhaps consider going through with your plans for the other service. Something to pray about, consider.

You know, I have been thinking the same.  I'm sure the whole thing took you completely by surprise and you had no time to really think it over and react the way you might have otherwise.  Sometimes folks are rebaptized, so why not reanointed? 

I just wanted to lend my support should you decide this is the direction you need to proceed.  Not that you need it!   ::)  It is between you and God after all.   :)

Ed Sutton

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2010, 05:30:41 PM »
HERO EVERLASTING

Isaiah 40:26  Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things, that bringeth out their host by number: he calleth them all by names by the greatness of his might, for that he is strong in power; not one faileth.[/glow]

Isaiah 43:1  But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.

Isaiah 44:24  Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Hosea 13:14  I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.

Revelation 5:9  And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

Christ's true followers will represent Him in character. They turn aside from worldly policy and are being trained for everyday service in the cause of God. In active service they find peace and hope, efficiency and power. They are conscious that they are breathing the breath of heaven, the only atmosphere in which the soul can live. By obedience they are made partakers of the divine nature. The doing of the living principles of the law of God makes them one with Christ. And He has pledged Himself to raise them up at the last day. Because He lives they will live also. He will raise them up as a part of Himself.  {21MR 347.4}

He declares, "As the living Father hath sent Me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth Me, even he shall live by Me" [John 6:57]. This is the will of Him that sent Me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on Him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day" [verse 40]. Christ became one with us in humanity in order that we might become one with Him in life everlasting. Thus our life is united with His life. He proclaimed over the rent sepulchre of Joseph, "I am the resurrection, and the life."  {21MR 348.1}

2nd Peter1:
1 ¶  Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
2  Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
3  According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4  Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
5 ¶  And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6  And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7  And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
8  For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9  But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
10  Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
11  For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}

Vicki

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2010, 09:13:53 AM »
I like the cuddle sling analogy. I had one for our baby and it was very comforting to have him snuggled along - for me, and for him.

This morning, as son was rubbing up against me during worship (wanting to get closer & closer) I was reminded that God wants a closer relationship than that, too:

Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. 16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. 1 John 4:15,16

As someone who was raised without good family relationships or friendships it continues to amaze me how close God wants me to be to Him.  Learning to accept that was difficult. Now it is the longing of my heart to have that expereince moment by moment. And when a family member expresses their love to me in that way, like this morning, it thrills my heart.

Can't get closer than that.  :)

Glen

• Rescue the perishing, care for the dying...
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2010, 07:02:31 AM »
I believe God keeps us all in His cuddle sling until that Great Day, whether we are above the ground or below it.

Facing death is our portion in this world of sin, because of sin; and, with the acknowledgement of our mortality, we often naturally fear it... However, to the degree we by faith relish being "in Christ", we may (with King David), be comforted with the thought that, Psalm 73:26 My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
...Jesus...will live through (YOU), giving (YOU) the inspiration of His sanctifying Spirit, imparting to (YOUR) soul a vital transfusion of Himself. Sabbath-School Worker 02-01-96.03  ...as the blood

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2010, 07:27:11 AM »
Amen, Glen!

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2010, 01:32:10 PM »
Rejoice with me, my brothers and sisters. The results are conclusive from the CT scan. I do NOT have pulmonary fibrosis! It is not there! Praise the Lord! Bless His holy name!

It was appropriate that I was in the sanctuary with Rusty when the doctor called. We were reduced to tears in thanksgiving! This year found me with three (3) lower respiratory infections and they are the ONLY explanation for the continued cough and shortness of breath. I cannot explain the initial diagnosis so I won't even try except to say, it was wrong AND it brought me closer to the Throne of Grace.

At this moment I can say no more except thank you, dear Father in heaven, and you, my family, for your prayers and support through this horrendous ordeal.

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2010, 01:49:10 PM »
Praise the Lord!!! Sybil I do rejoice with you!!! The Lord is good to us and as a friend once told me recently the Lord doesn't allow us to be tempted beyond what we are able. The initial diagnosis may have been wrong but it very well could be that the Lord worked a miracle also. Either way... He is good!!

Lam 3:22  It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
Lam 3:23  They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2010, 03:28:36 PM »
Amen!  What great news!  Our prayers have been answered.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Ed Sutton

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2010, 03:45:11 PM »
Pulmonary Fibrosis is living death by degrees.   I think the One spoken of in reply # 27 took your lungs in His hands and killed that living death sentence if it was in there.  It might not have been a diagnostic mistake but rather an intervention . 

Ask Him.   

Glad you have a new lease on life.

Sister Dee

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2010, 03:46:41 PM »
Our prayers have been answered.

Amen!  Hallelujah! 

Vicki

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2010, 04:22:45 PM »
Praise the Lord! What a wonderful answer to prayer!

Tim2

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2010, 04:29:44 PM »
I am thankful for the good news as well a for your work on this website, my dear sister.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2010, 06:18:16 PM »
Thank you, Jesus!!

Now, if you want to be really distressed, listen to this.  I am in the car and see that I missed a call. I retrieve my voice mail and there is our dear sister sharing that she has the results from the CAT scan. It is a BAD diagnosis. I am having a hard time hearing, but I hear the bad news. She got a bad diagnosis. I am imagining that the CAT scan turned up something much worse than the original diagnosis. It must be advanced cancer. :(  It is very distressing. But, I continue to listen and see that no, it is not a current bad diagnosis, but a previous wrong diagnosis! :)  From great distress to great relief!!! :)

God is GOOD!  When we are in need of the Great Physician, we call on the elders and get anointed. And the results are a blessing when we are right with God. He knows best and answers our prayers in the very best way He can. And in the process of trial our faith is made stronger. And other's faith is also made stronger!!! We are His witnesses in our trial. Thank you, Sister Sybil for being His witness in your distress. He is preparing and us for something very very good!! Whatever the price.....dear Lord, whatever the price, it is well worth being with you!!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2010, 06:23:16 PM »
Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty who delivers us from the pit in our darkest hours.

"Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercy." [Psalm 103:1-4.]

Speechless. Humbled. Grateful. Dependent. Joyous.

Thank you, you most precious people. Thank you.