Author Topic: From Sea to Shining Sea  (Read 22397 times)

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
From Sea to Shining Sea
« on: July 25, 2010, 04:38:50 PM »
Richard asked me to share these pictures in the nature forum, but I couldn't find a suitable thread that was already started.  So I came up with this title.  Feel free to change it, Richard, if another title would clarify things.

These are some pictures from my trip out west last year.  This is Indian Paintbrush (Figwort family; genus Castilleja)from eastern Arizona.

This is Stonecrop (Sedum) at Bodega Bay, Calif.

So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Wally

• Senior Moderator
Re: From Sea to Shining Sea
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 04:42:14 PM »
One of my favorite places in Oregon is Crater Lake, so I couldn't refrain from including this shot.  It was the first time my kids had been there, and they were impressed.

This used to be my "back yard" when I lived on the Olympic Peninsula.  This is Olympic National Park.

So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Wally

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 04:45:22 PM »
I'm almost done.  Here's one from Glacier National Park in Montana.

The "boss" surveys his territory in Theodore Roosevelt National Park, ND

Wally

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 04:50:41 PM »
And last, but not least, here's looking at ya.  He was so close that I can attest to the fact that Bison have not yet discovered deodorant.  ;D

But lest anyone think I had taken leave of my sanity and approached too close to one of these monsters; as I explained in another thread, I was beside the open door of our car, and the beast was at least 30' away.  The telephoto lens was a wonderful invention.  ;D

By the way, this is the same individual as the one in my avatar.  This picture was taken less than a minute after the other one.  He was just throwing his weight around, showing everyone who was in charge.  And believe me, no one was willing to argue with him.

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 02:02:31 AM »
Wally,

Your kids were there and impressed.  I am impressed just looking at the pictures  ;D

The bison pictures would be great for a study on the Lamblike 2nd Beast of Revelation.   Got any more ?

BTW When out near Montrose Colorado, I got some some Bison pictures at a Bison ranch (none as good as yours), but the employee warned me not to get anywhere close to the fence - they weigh 2000 lbs + ,  have a temper and do charge .

You are braver than me @ 30 feet.   Great telephoto work.
Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 12:04:56 PM »
Thanks, Wally. Beautiful!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 02:09:06 PM »
Autumn is upon us, and as I was out and about today, I discovered these beautiful (and poisonous) mushrooms.

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 08:44:10 AM »
Ever wondered why they call them the Smoky Mountains?

By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 09:21:21 AM »
Magnificent!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Vicki

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 11:47:55 AM »
Our last computer couldn't load all the pictures so this is the fist time I've seen them, although a few of them didn't completely load. They are spectacular! I love the close up of Stonecrop, the color and design of the mushrooms, beauty of the flowered valley and grandeur of the mountain at Glacier National Park, and the powerful bison.  We do indeed live in a beautiful country. I could only see sky in Jim's photo.  :(  I'll have to try again later. 

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 05:48:00 PM »
Just thought I'd show how much better God's paint brush is than mine! However, that isnt saying much since I have a hard time drawing stick men.

By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 08:52:32 PM »
Thanks to all for showing them..they are all fabulous! God's works, from the greatest mountain, to the smallest sea shell..all beautiful and wonderfully designed!
Dora

Vicki

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2015, 12:51:47 PM »

Our son took this photo recently. High Sierra Desert at sunrise.

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2015, 02:12:35 PM »
Vicki, that's lovely.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Dorine

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2015, 06:02:50 PM »
Beautiful Vicki. At first I thought it was a painting. I love the colours. I kept scrolling down and enjoyed many other photo's I had never seen before.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2015, 08:35:07 AM »
I have a friend who lives in the southwest and recently some owls have made a nest in a near by tree. Here they are with a parent looking like a sentinel.

[/URL]

Vicki

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2015, 09:42:39 AM »
Beautiful. This has reawakened a desire to build a nesting platform for owls.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2015, 02:58:09 PM »
Interesting picture.  I didn't know a Great Horned Owl would nest in a palm tree.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2015, 08:35:36 AM »
Fall has come to New England, and colors were at their peak this week--about 10 days later than later--global warming for sure.  ::)  I took these yesterday.

By the way, first picture is about 15 miles from my house; the other 2 are less than a mile away as the raven flies.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2015, 10:15:17 AM »
You are blessed, Wally!!  In California around where I live, I see a lot of dry grass, and sadly burned over forests.  I wonder if there is some reason why the difference between where you are and where I am? The state here just legalized suicide. "Jerry Brown makes assisted suicide legal in California."

Makes one wonder if it might not be better to move the East Coast where you can still build dams and water your garden and take a shower?

Beautiful photos Wally. Thanks for sharing. God is quite the Artist!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.