Author Topic: First Sabbath Service  (Read 5870 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
First Sabbath Service
« on: June 26, 2010, 10:53:42 AM »

Sister Dee inquired about the empty seats when the session first began. Today, the Georgia Dome hosted over 30,000 Seventh-day Adventists at the Sabbath service. I am working on getting a more accurate figure than my guess. The Dome capacity is over 71,000.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Re: First Sabbath Service
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 07:32:35 PM »
Wow! Just look at that! I just returned from a great visit with a sister and want a rundown on how the first Sabbath went. Are you able to give us a report?
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 07:04:25 PM »
Photos I took on Sabbath during the worship service. The Georgia Dome is the home of the Atlanta Falcons, a football team. I bring this up because it will help you understand the shape of the building. The floor is the playing field and the seats surrounding it are the bleachers. IOW, it is oblong. The first picture is toward the stage which is at one end of the the field where a goalpost would be.

This view is opposite the stage

Finally, this picture is more to the middle but still shows some of the stage. On Friday, only part of the lowest tier of seats was filled. On Sabbath almost all of the first two tiers was filled with a few on the third tier. Between tiers 2 and 3 are the private boxes on two levels and the press box. There were people there too.

You can see that there are a number of video screens. Without them, you wouldn't be able to see much on the stage unless you are right in front of it.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 07:09:12 AM »
Wow! Those are beautiful photos, Linda. Thank you!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89