Author Topic: Importance of the Sabbath to sincere Sunday keepers?  (Read 4278 times)

Donna H

Importance of the Sabbath to sincere Sunday keepers?
« on: March 26, 2010, 11:20:33 PM »
I was at the group meeting tonight, and I'm just wondering, am a little confused, and looking for confirmation/support.

If God accepts sincere Sunday-keepers Sabbath keeping, why do they need to understand the 4th commandment better?

I'm thinking 1. to have a closer walk with God, 2. purely for obedience's sake, to trust in God, 3. to receive more fully the blessings they desire, 4. to be sanctified and gain deeper wisdom of God's mysteries, 5. To be who they want to be - someone who loves God.

Can we actually be prepared for judgment if we do not keep the Sabbath? It seems so important to me. I was noticing that the Sabbath command, and the Honor your parents command are the only two that are not "Thou shall not.." They are positively affirmed. I was wondering that maybe it's that way because they are both 'title' commands. The 4th command shines up towards God from it's position in the decalogue representing the the way we learn how to truely love God and fulfill the 3 above. Where the 5th command shines down to earth from it's position representing where we learn to love people and fulfill the 5 below. Both are obedience to authority. We are under God's authority first and foremost, and He has commanded us to respect earthly authorities, granted they do not cause us to disobey Him. So of course, 4 comes before 5. Also, both require sacrifice of our own ways, a submission of our wills. Both are about remembrance, in the Sabbath we remember God and what He has done for us (as well as just the Sabbath). When parents were asked by their children why they observed the Sabbath the parents were to tell of the deliverance. In the 5th, we are instructed to honor our parents, so when they told of the deliverance, the remembrance would be passed from generation to generation. Both are cyclical and involve time. The Sabbath, weekly, the 5th, generational.

Honoring my own parents becomes a lot more important for me. Now, can I truely love my neighbor if I have not compassion and honor for my own parents? Probably not. I will carry bitterness with me where ever I go and take that bitterness into every relationship I am in. It lends to a hardened heart. It's interesting that the Pharisees were hard-hearted towards God as well as toward their parents, and failed to follow God instead of their own ways. Maybe this is why they failed in every area. (If ) They are both title commands, they are back to back, maybe they are inseperable and mirror eachother. And both lend to eachother.  

So can we truly love God and know His love for us if we don't keep the Sabbath? So much happens on the Sabbath: remembrance, praise and honor; sanctification, learning how separate form the world; communion; blessing; teaching; learning the difference between our idea of rest and God's idea of rest; learnoing the difference between holy and unholy; peace; and ultimately preperation for eternal rest. I'm sure there's so much more. I find so much in the Sabbath, that I don't understand how Sunday keepers can be alright. If they have a Bible, seems to me they have no excuse. It seems logical to me that if they have a Bible, the Holy Spirit is leading them. If they do not follow to the Sabbath, then they are not true Truth seekers. Am I being harsh or judgmental? I don't understand why I was brought to the Sabbath so quickly, but many are not.

But no matter about that, our job is to help. If it's not a salvation thing, it's a love thing. Then again, can it be a love thing without being a salvation thing? Will I be helping to condemn them if I help to unfold the Sabbath? Then they will have a responsbility. They will be in a better position to consciously accept or reject the Sabbath. Yet, it is such a gift, so I want them to see and honor the Sabbath command, and if they are sincere, they will want to know God's love more deeply and also to be obedient.

I guess if our job is to show God's love shining through us, how it is received by them is between them and God.
Faith is the living power that presses through every barrier, overrides all obstacles, and plants its banner in the heart of the enemy’s camp. 4T 163.3

Donna H

Re: Importance of the Sabbath to sincere Sunday keepers?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 11:29:02 PM »
Don't know what I did here, some silly mistake.
Faith is the living power that presses through every barrier, overrides all obstacles, and plants its banner in the heart of the enemy’s camp. 4T 163.3

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 03:37:04 AM »
I was at the group meeting tonight, and I'm just wondering, am a little confused, and looking for confirmation/support.

If God accepts sincere Sunday-keepers Sabbath keeping, why do they need to understand the 4th commandment better?

I'm thinking 1. to have a closer walk with God, 2. purely for obedience's sake, to trust in God, 3. to receive more fully the blessings they desire, 4. to be sanctified and gain deeper wisdom of God's mysteries, 5. To be who they want to be - someone who loves God.

Can we actually be prepared for judgment if we do not keep the Sabbath?

300 years ago one could sincerely keep Sunday for Sabbath, and go to their grave in the confidence of the resurrection.  Here, at the time of the end, when the image to the beast will soon be set up, and Sunday laws enacted, confusion on this issue could be eternally fatal.  Those who are alive when the image to the beast is set up, and Sunday laws enacted, will have to make a choice.  If they are not clear on the Sabbath, they will make the wrong choice.  It is similar to the situation before the first advent of Christ.  One's understanding of the Messiah had a major effect on how they related to Him.  200 years before He came, it didn't matter so much if one had a faulty understanding of the nature of the Messiah's work.  But when He came, those who failed to understand the purpose of His coming, and the nature of His kingdom, were among those who crucified Him.

Obviously one must first convince (that's the work of the Holy Spirit) a Sunday keeper that Sabbath is God's true day of worship before getting into the details of what's to come in the near future.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 06:51:44 AM »
The Sabbath commandment begins with the word, "Remember ..." Through the ages His people forgot and God tells them to "remember" a time when it was kept as His holy day. It is not our holy day, it is His. When we read the history of the church we can see there was a time during Constantine's day that the 7th day Sabbath was changed to the first day of the week, Sunday. Sunday was the pagan's holy day for sun worship. The church and Constantine wanted to bring everyone together into one common day of worship and Sunday was chosen as that day.

I believe when our Sunday-keeping friends realize how Sunday worship came into being, they will rethink their stand on the issue. In the last days, which we are in, the Sabbath will become a test of loyalty to God or to man who changed it to Sunday. Paul and John the Revelator tells us all about the man who changed that day. Many keep Sunday in ignorance. Many are utterly sincere, loving God with all their heart; however, not too far into the future, everyone will be given an opportunity to make a decision for or against the precepts of the 4th commandment. It is the most important element of what we have come to call "The Great Controversy between Christ and Satan." There is a war going on for souls. The Sabbath truth is "present truth" we are to take to the spiritually minded who want to follow God in all of His ways, not just in some.

Consider the following that partially describes this issue. There are many books on this subject and one of the very best I could recommend is: "The Great Controversy." It describes in detail the entire issue surrounding the importance of the Sabbath in end times, how it was changed and its importance to all Christians who purport to keep His commandments.   

Royal edicts, general councils, and church ordinances sustained by secular power were the steps by which the pagan festival attained its position of honor in the Christian world. The first public measure enforcing Sunday observance was the law enacted by Constantine. (A.D. 321) This edict required townspeople to rest on "the venerable day of the sun," but permitted countrymen to continue their agricultural pursuits. Though virtually a heathen statute, it was enforced by the emperor after his nominal acceptance of Christianity.

The royal mandate not proving a sufficient substitute for divine authority, Eusebius, a bishop who sought the favor of princes, and who was the special friend and flatterer of Constantine, advanced the claim that Christ had transferred the Sabbath to Sunday. Not a single testimony of the Scriptures was produced in proof of the new doctrine. Eusebius himself unwittingly acknowledges its falsity and points to the real authors of the change. "All things," he says, "whatever that it was duty to do on the Sabbath, these we have transferred to the Lord's Day."—Robert Cox, Sabbath Laws and Sabbath Duties, page 538. But the Sunday argument, groundless as it was, served to embolden men in trampling upon the Sabbath of the Lord. All who desired to be honored by the world accepted the popular festival.

The apostle Paul, in his second letter to the Thessalonians, foretold the great apostasy which would result in the establishment of the papal power. He declared that the day of Christ should not come, “except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshiped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.” [2 Thessalonians 2:3, 4, 7.] And furthermore, the apostle warns his brethren that “the mystery of iniquity doth already work.” [2 Thessalonians 2:3, 4, 7.] Even at that early date he saw, creeping into the church, errors that would prepare the way for the development of the papacy. 

Little by little, at first in stealth and silence, and then more openly as it increased in strength and gained control of the minds of men, the mystery of iniquity carried forward its deceptive and blasphemous work. Almost imperceptibly the customs of heathenism found their way into the Christian church. The spirit of compromise and conformity was restrained for a time by the fierce persecutions which the church endured under paganism. But as persecution ceased, and Christianity entered the courts and palaces of kings, she laid aside the humble simplicity of Christ and his apostles for the pomp and pride of pagan priests and rulers; and in place of the requirements of God, she substituted human theories and traditions. The nominal conversion of Constantine, in the early part of the fourth century, caused great rejoicing; and the world, cloaked with a form of righteousness, walked into the church. Now the work of corruption rapidly progressed. Paganism, while appearing to be vanquished, became the conqueror. Her spirit controlled the church. Her doctrines, ceremonies, and superstitions were incorporated into the faith and worship of the professed followers of Christ. 

This compromise between paganism and Christianity resulted in the development of the “man of sin” foretold in prophecy as opposing and exalting himself above God. That gigantic system of false religion is a masterpiece of Satan's power,—a monument of his efforts to seat himself upon the throne to rule the earth according to his will.

Satan once endeavored to form a compromise with Christ. He came to the Son of God in the wilderness of temptation, and, showing him all the kingdoms of the world and the glory of them, offered to give all into his hands if he would but acknowledge the supremacy of the prince of darkness. Christ rebuked the presumptuous tempter, and forced him to depart. But Satan meets with greater success in presenting the same temptations to man. To secure worldly gains and honors, the church was led to seek the favor and support of the great men of earth, and having thus rejected Christ, she was induced to yield allegiance to the representative of Satan,—the bishop of Rome.

It is one of the leading doctrines of Romanism that the pope is the visible head of the universal church of Christ, invested with supreme authority over bishops and pastors in all parts of the world. More than this, the pope has arrogated the very titles of Deity. He styles himself “Lord God the Pope,” assumes infallibility, and demands that all men pay him homage. Thus the same claim urged by Satan in the wilderness of temptation is still urged by him through the Church of Rome, and vast numbers are ready to yield him homage.

Protestants now urge that the resurrection of Christ on Sunday made it the Christian Sabbath. But Scripture evidence is lacking. No such honor was given to the day by Christ or his apostles. The observance of Sunday as a Christian institution had its origin in that “mystery of lawlessness” [2 Thessalonians 2:7, Revised Version.] which, even in Paul's day, had begun its work. Where and when did the Lord adopt this child of the papacy? What valid reason can be given for a change which the Scriptures do not sanction? 

For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 07:28:35 AM »
I will start with your last statement first. :)

I guess if our job is to show God's love shining through us, how it is received by them is between them and God.

Amen! Some will not understand and God will give them more light later. Some will accept the truth now. Some will reject the truth as they have been doing for many years. Some will reject this truth while apparently keeping others truths, but not from the heart.

God accepted King David when he had multiple wives. Same with others who lived in that day when that truth was perverted and God let it go for a time...even though a great blessing was lost when a man had more than one wife. So today, when a sincere Sunday keeper loves God with all the heart, but does not understand the Sabbath truth, he loses a blessing. To understand this, we have to understand why God gave the Sabbath Day to begin with at creation, before sin.

The Sabbath is a memorial of creation. It is to draw us closer to Jesus as we consider His love for us in making this world and us. It also reveals His creative power. He is the creator God. He created all of the universe including us. He is our Maker. So often we forget. Adam forgot. After sin, it is even more important that we know these two things about our God. Sabbath is a day to remember what God has done for us so that our faith and trust in Him will be strengthened. If one does not understand and keep the Sabbath, are they not losing a great blessing, even though they be in a saved condition walking in all the light they understand?

I'm thinking 1. to have a closer walk with God,

Amen!!

2. purely for obedience's sake, to trust in God,

It is a test for some, when they are convicted.

3. to receive more fully the blessings they desire,

Amen! Great blessings will come!

4. to be sanctified and gain deeper wisdom of God's mysteries,

Amen!

5. To be who they want to be - someone who loves God.

Yes, and to be who God wants them to be, His witness to a more complete degree. By breaking the Sabbath unknowingly, they not only lose blessings for themselves, but misrepresent the truth and God.

Can we actually be prepared for judgment if we do not keep the Sabbath? It seems so important to me.

Yes, many have gone into their graves without keeping the Sabbath. Those who love God with all their hearts are prepared for the judgment.

I was noticing that the Sabbath command, and the Honor your parents command are the only two that are not "Thou shall not.." They are positively affirmed. I was wondering that maybe it's that way because they are both 'title' commands. The 4th command shines up towards God from it's position in the decalogue representing the the way we learn how to truely love God and fulfill the 3 above. Where the 5th command shines down to earth from it's position representing where we learn to love people and fulfill the 5 below. Both are obedience to authority. We are under God's authority first and foremost, and He has commanded us to respect earthly authorities, granted they do not cause us to disobey Him. So of course, 4 comes before 5. Also, both require sacrifice of our own ways, a submission of our wills. Both are about remembrance, in the Sabbath we remember God and what He has done for us (as well as just the Sabbath). When parents were asked by their children why they observed the Sabbath the parents were to tell of the deliverance. In the 5th, we are instructed to honor our parents, so when they told of the deliverance, the remembrance would be passed from generation to generation. Both are cyclical and involve time. The Sabbath, weekly, the 5th, generational.

Honoring my own parents becomes a lot more important for me. Now, can I truely love my neighbor if I have not compassion and honor for my own parents? Probably not. I will carry bitterness with me where ever I go and take that bitterness into every relationship I am in. It lends to a hardened heart. It's interesting that the Pharisees were hard-hearted towards God as well as toward their parents, and failed to follow God instead of their own ways. Maybe this is why they failed in every area. (If ) They are both title commands, they are back to back, maybe they are inseperable and mirror eachother. And both lend to each other.  

The truth that comes to my mind, dear sister, is that if we offend in one point, we offend in all. If we knowingly break one of the commandments, what does it say about the heart? It is not right with God. Therefore, none of the other commandments can be kept from the heart. The heart is selfish and cannot keep the law of God as is required. If we have not His Spirit, we cannot love God and our neighbor with an unselfish love.

So can we truly love God and know His love for us if we don't keep the Sabbath? So much happens on the Sabbath: remembrance, praise and honor; sanctification, learning how separate form the world; communion; blessing; teaching; learning the difference between our idea of rest and God's idea of rest; learnoing the difference between holy and unholy; peace; and ultimately preperation for eternal rest. I'm sure there's so much more. I find so much in the Sabbath, that I don't understand how Sunday keepers can be alright. If they have a Bible, seems to me they have no excuse. It seems logical to me that if they have a Bible, the Holy Spirit is leading them. If they do not follow to the Sabbath, then they are not true Truth seekers. Am I being harsh or judgmental? I don't understand why I was brought to the Sabbath so quickly, but many are not.

Yes we can truly love God and not keep the Sabbath, IF we have not been convicted that it is still binding. Are you being harsh and judgmental? I don't think so, you are studying and asking questions. You do not judge others by the day they keep. You have shown that in other posts and even in this one as you finish your post. :)  

But no matter about that, our job is to help. If it's not a salvation thing, it's a love thing. Then again, can it be a love thing without being a salvation thing? Will I be helping to condemn them if I help to unfold the Sabbath? Then they will have a responsibility. They will be in a better position to consciously accept or reject the Sabbath. Yet, it is such a gift, so I want them to see and honor the Sabbath command, and if they are sincere, they will want to know God's love more deeply and also to be obedient.

It is salvation for some, like you and me. When one is convicted by the Spirit that it is truth, then it is a matter of salvation. You must be led by the Spirit in dealing with the erring so that you do not bring upon souls a premature test. You were ready for the Sabbath truth when God brought it to you. Others are ready, but many are not. It is a lovely experience to deal with the minds of men and women, but we must be surrendered to Christ if we want to be used of Him in helping others. We must hear that "still small voice" speaking to us. You are listening and hearing, dear sister.

And you knew that from the beginning, but God wants to bolster your understanding of the gospel truth. Thus, He puts it into your heart to ask questions that you may better serve Him. We pray that your influence with this little group proves to be a savor of life unto life for many in the study! Even if they do not grasp the reality of the Sabbath truth immediately.  :)

Have a blessed Sabbath, dear Sister Donna! Contemplate the power and love that our Creator has revealed in the things He has made! "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse." Romans 1:20. In His time.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 01:41:20 AM »
Importance of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, importance of the fruit of the tree of life - carry the same principles as Sabbath Keeping and Sunday keeping.   God said adhere to one, and withdraw from the other, and gave boundries and safeguards and instruction.   God revealed the issues involved - and people would choose to follow faith or desire.

The results created the need for a Saviour and salvation and a planet with two Lords.  

Who is Lord of Sabbath & the Judgement.   Who is Lord of Sunday and empty traditions and vain worship ?   Who calls to the honest hearted ?   Who calls to the dishonest and doubleminded ?

What does Sabbath allow for inside a person ?

What does Sunday allow for inside a person ?

Can a person Biblically "fear God" and keep Sunday - before they have opportunity to know about Sabbath ?    

Can a person Biblically "fear God" after they have unimproved opportunity to know about Sabbath, or do know Scripture's declarations about but keep Sunday ?

Biblically fearing God ='s Scripture's preperation to abide in, hid in, be preserved in Christ during the judgement.   The same text commanding the Biblical fear of God in the same breath also commands worshiping the Creator with the same word picture as the Sabbath Commandment.  

Without or WITH God's seal - what is the protected standing or unprotected standing spoken of in Ezekiel Chapter 9.?    

If they are unprotected, has God made them up as His jewels as is promised to that group under His protection ? - spoken of in the statements of description and contrast in Malachi 3:13 - 4:5  (KJV)

Romans 8:14  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

When opportunity comes does the Holy Ghost lead to obedience, or disobedience;  and all that is involved ?

Micah 6:8  He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

2 Corinthians 8:12  For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not.
Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}

Donna H

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 07:36:22 PM »

Can a person Biblically "fear God" and keep Sunday - before they have opportunity to know about Sabbath ?    

I would say , no. It seems to me that while Sunday keepers may desire after God, and seek all of His blessings, that they do not have the proper fear of the Lord. It's interesting how you put it.

I've been doing a study and God has brought me around to learning about the 'clean' fear of the Lord that endures forever, that's the beginning of wisdom. And I don't see that Sunday churches talk at all about it, nor do they focus on judgment. Seems that the 'rest' they speak of as the important aspect of their Sunday, is a rest from the fear of the Lord and from concern about judgment, when they say their rest is in Jesus - 'relax, don't worry about it'.

So does it come down to responsiblilty then, on our part? If we have this gift, and see this error, then we are to make it known?

Rev. 14:6-7
"And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, having an eternal gospel to preach to those who live on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people; and he said with a loud voice, "Fear God, and give Him glory, because the hour of His judgment has come; worship Him who made the heaven and the earth and sea and springs of waters."

If they don't have the fear of the Lord, they don't have the gospel. And the Sabbath is integral.

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 10:45:35 PM »
Did the Millerites Biblically fear God, before they understood the Bible's issues of Sabbath, clean/unclean, alcohol, and so on ?

Yes they did, but were unaware they were caught up in sins of ignorance and omission, they were not in defiance, but could not fulfill Revelation 14:12 & Revelation 22:14.  Stockman & Fitch were laid in the grave pre 10/22/1844 to save them, they will keep their first Sabbath on the 7 day journey to Heaven following the Second Coming.

We all went under the tree, and sat down to look at the glory of the place, when Brethren Fitch and Stockman, who had preached the gospel of the kingdom, and whom God had laid in the grave to save them, came up to us and asked us what we had passed through while they were sleeping. We tried to call up our greatest trials, but they looked so small compared with the far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory that surrounded us, that we could not speak them out, and we all cried out, "Alleluia! heaven is cheap enough!" and we touched our glorious harps and made heaven's arches ring. {CET 61.1}   

"BROTHERS CHARLES FITCH AND LEVI STOCKMAN [TWO MILLERITE ADVENTIST MINISTERS WHO DIED SHORTLY BEFORE OCTOBER 22, 1844].—We all went under the tree [of life], and sat down to look at the glory of the place, when Brethren Fitch and Stockman, who had preached the gospel of the kingdom, and whom God had laid in the grave to save them, came up to us and asked us what we had passed through while they were sleeping. We tried to call up our greatest trials, but they looked so small compared with the far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory that surrounded us, that we could not speak them out, and we all cried out, “Alleluia! heaven is cheap enough!” and we touched our glorious harps and made heaven’s arches ring.—LS 67.  {Hvn 82.3}   
Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}

Sister Dee

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 09:31:34 AM »
Thank you, Ed.  I now understand why the journey to Heaven is 7 days.  All who enter through the gates of the city must be keepers of all His commandments.  Those who did not keep the fourth commandment in this life will be made aware of it then.  What a Sabbath that is going to be!   :) 

colporteur

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 10:33:41 AM »
Did the Millerites Biblically fear God, before they understood the Bible's issues of Sabbath, clean/unclean, alcohol, and so on ?

Yes they did, but were unaware they were caught up in sins of ignorance and omission, they were not in defiance, but could not fulfill Revelation 14:12 & Revelation 22:14.  Stockman & Fitch were laid in the grave pre 10/22/1844 to save them, they will keep their first Sabbath on the 7 day journey to Heaven following the Second Coming.

We all went under the tree, and sat down to look at the glory of the place, when Brethren Fitch and Stockman, who had preached the gospel of the kingdom, and whom God had laid in the grave to save them, came up to us and asked us what we had passed through while they were sleeping. We tried to call up our greatest trials, but they looked so small compared with the far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory that surrounded us, that we could not speak them out, and we all cried out, "Alleluia! heaven is cheap enough!" and we touched our glorious harps and made heaven's arches ring. {CET 61.1}   

"BROTHERS CHARLES FITCH AND LEVI STOCKMAN [TWO MILLERITE ADVENTIST MINISTERS WHO DIED SHORTLY BEFORE OCTOBER 22, 1844].—We all went under the tree [of life], and sat down to look at the glory of the place, when Brethren Fitch and Stockman, who had preached the gospel of the kingdom, and whom God had laid in the grave to save them, came up to us and asked us what we had passed through while they were sleeping. We tried to call up our greatest trials, but they looked so small compared with the far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory that surrounded us, that we could not speak them out, and we all cried out, “Alleluia! heaven is cheap enough!” and we touched our glorious harps and made heaven’s arches ring.—LS 67.  {Hvn 82.3}   

We were watching a message yesterday given on Amazing Discoveries by Mark Cleminson. He was being groomed as a "Booth" in the high up Free- Masons when the Lord led him out of it. He stated that William Miller was delivered from Masonry as well. 
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

wigina

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2013, 09:54:30 PM »
When they try to honor the cross and tge resurection instead of the author of both surely is it not error!? Satan has definitely and intricately bound them in this error. It is upon us to show the error anr let the Holy spirit break the bounds! I see it as limiting the histiry of Gods grace to the time of the sacrifice. Like God was not wise in showing us what led to the sorry state. And then the bold warning. Now you know what happened please do not walk in the same way lest the same happen to you. We have to really ask God to help us in the way to not condemn them but to show them the way so satan ca not accuse us of any wrong doing. Incidentaly satan will get an accusation bith ways whether we do right or wfing so we must be prepared to shoulder that.
Let usteach the gospel for the kingdom is at hand!