Author Topic: Angels are ever engaged...  (Read 3657 times)

Vicki

Angels are ever engaged...
« on: February 20, 2010, 06:33:55 AM »
     The mission of the church of Christ is to save perishing sinners. It is to make known the love of God to men and to win them to Christ by the efficacy of that love. The truth for this time must be carried into the dark corners of the earth, and this work may begin at home. The followers of Christ should not live selfish lives; but, imbued with the Spirit of Christ, they should work in harmony with Him. {3T 381.1}

There are causes for the present coldness and unbelief. The love of the world and the cares of life separate the soul from God. The water of life must be in us, and flowing out from us, springing up into everlasting life. We must work out what God works in. If the Christian would enjoy the light of life, he must increase his efforts to bring others to the knowledge of the truth. His life must be characterized by exertion and sacrifices to do others good; and then there will be no complaints of lack of enjoyment. {3T 381.2}

Angels are ever engaged in working for the happiness of others. This is their joy. That which selfish hearts would consider humiliating service, ministering to those who are wretched and in every way inferior in character and rank, is the work of the pure, sinless angels in the royal courts of heaven. The spirit of Christ's self-sacrificing love is the spirit which pervades heaven and is the very essence of its bliss. {3T 381.3}

Those who feel no special pleasure in seeking to be a blessing to others, in working, even at a sacrifice, to do them good, cannot have the spirit of Christ or of heaven; for they have no union with the work of heavenly angels and cannot participate in the bliss that imparts elevated joy to them. Christ has said: "Joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance." If the joy of angels is to see sinners repent, will it not be the joy of sinners, saved by the blood of Christ, to see others repent and turn to Christ through their instrumentality? In working in harmony with Christ and the holy
angels we shall experience a joy that cannot be realized aside from this work. {3T 381.4}

The principle of the cross of Christ brings all who believe under heavy obligations to deny self, to impart light to others, and to give of their means to extend the light. If they are in connection with heaven they will be engaged in the work in harmony with the angels. {3T 382.1}

Thursday. Midnight. Can't sleep. Legs ache. Back aches. Hands ache. Sunburned face has given me chills. And I wouldn't change it for the world.

Thursday I spent 7 hours volunteering at a Food Bank for their once a month massive food give away. Anyone can get emergency supplies during any week, but once a month they have the main distribution. I was there for almost 7 hours, unpacking boxes & stocking folding tables with food. The project had to be moved outside at the last minute to satisfy the Fire Department. It was a blessedly nice day - it rained in neighboring areas but not on us.  :) For 3 hours I talked to 256 families giving them instructions on how the new set up worked & getting them started at the packaged food table I worked at.

Although this was not a place I was able to share Christ with anyone, I got to share some of the health message since there were flaxseed packages on my table.  ;)

The joy of helping others cannot be measured.

And the blessings continued.

The next day I met one of the people at the library and we talked about Jesus and the Second Coming.  :) (That smiley doesn't beam large enough!!) I pray there are more people that will remember me, & I them, and we can have similar conversations.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Angels are ever engaged...
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 06:58:25 AM »
Oh! ... and here you are, a representative of Christ, working as would an engaged angel. God bless you as you receive the blessing that comes through serving others.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Vicki

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 01:49:44 PM »
This project has been on my mind ever since. It was so enjoyable to talk with and help so many people.

Other community services were offered at the event: H1N1 vaccinations were given and a Planned Parenthood booth was set up.  :( Today it dawned on me that the SDA church can offer to set up a booth - Free Blood Pressure checks and health literature could be distributed. There were so many people there who suffer physically it was heart-wrenching to see. This morning I talked with a retired nurse at church & she said she volunteered there many years ago. She gave me phone numbers of people who might be able to find people to set up a health exhibit.

Please pray that we will be able to find volunteers & that the County Human Services organization which the Food Bank fails under will be happy to have them come. I can't think of a better way to reach people there. Thank you.  :)

colporteur

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 06:40:06 PM »
I don't know if it is possible but it would be nice if you had something like a free drawing  for the purpose of gathering  interest contact  information for follow up such as health seminars, stop smoking seminars, canvassing,   ;)   etc.etc..
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Vicki

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 06:50:06 AM »
Good idea! There is not an SDA church in the town. 30 miles away in both directions isn't too bad, though - except when you need free food you don't have much gas money, either. Surrounding towns have done a CHIP program, one in progress, but it is 60 miles away - I was thinking the building where this is all located would be a good place to do a program if there was local interest.

I know 2 people that have talked about canvassing the area - perhaps I can give them a gentle nudge.  :)