Author Topic: Global Warming Disaster  (Read 6467 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Global Warming Disaster
« on: February 12, 2010, 02:12:57 PM »
Global Warming is said to be destroying Mother Earth. It is strange that the global warming meetings scheduled to take place in DC  were canceled because of the record snowfall.

So, the geniuses now want us to believe that global warming is causing the record snowfalls on the East Coast.  It is true that it is cold, but it seems to me that there is something fishy going on. Here is a report on the record snow in Texas. Notice that it is not the first time they had a lot of snow. In 1917 they had a lot of snow. Global warming?  Why the concern? Because there are those that want to raise the cost of our electricity and gas to where many will be cold if we still have cold winters. :(

By late afternoon, 7.9 inches of snow had fallen on the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex---more than on any other single day in 112 years of weather records. That total eclipsed the previous record of 7.8 inches first recorded on Jan. 14, 1917---then again on Jan. 15, 1964. And the snow was far from over. By 10 p.m.  in Dallas---just five hours later---snow was still falling heavily and the tally had jumped to 9.4 inches.
source
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
Re: Global Warming Disaster
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 04:15:45 PM »
I don't have the language skills to explain my reaction to this phenomenon of nearly the whole world (including very well-educated and intelligent people) swallowing these fables.  It seems sometimes that as faith in science increases, common sense and reason decreases.  The facts are no longer relevant.  The fact that the earth was warmer in the past (as even global warming converts admit--since they can't deny the fossil record), and then cooled off is conveniently ignored.  The fact that it was warmer in Great Britain within historic times (early or late Middle Ages--I forgot the exact time frame) seems to also be irrelevant.  They are welcome to their delusions, but their proposed "solutions" will create hardship for all of us.  To say that "global warming" may be irreversible is irresponsible on the part of any scientists worth his degree.  It was warmer in the past than it is now, and yet it wasn't irreversible then.  Why would it be so now?  Whatever happened to logic?
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Vicki

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 04:42:28 PM »
Logic has gone out the door as generations have been spoon-fed what to believe in public schools and news reports. Frustrating & illogical as it all may be, Richard gave us a good laugh with his first line.  :D

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 07:04:57 PM »
I considered if this topic was worthy of notice and discussion, and thought it would be. One of the factors I considered is that as natural disasters increase we will see a lot of explanations forthcoming. Most will not admit that it is a revelation of the end of the earth's history fast approaching. That the Bible tells us of the signs just before the second coming and is ignored by the highly educated ones, is an indication of where these "wise" ones are coming from. It is not with wisdom born of a love for God. No, many of these "experts" have chosen a leader from below. Many are rabidly opposed to the God of heaven. :(

So, we can expect so called "science" to come up with a lot of explanations as to why many natural disasters are happening. Reminds us of the builders of the Tower of Babel. They knew that it was not God that caused the rain to fall that destroyed all living things off the face of the earth. They set about to build a tower that put them above the floods if one ever were to come again. Such pride! Such ignorance! Such  danger! And a waste of time and resources. God had promised that there would never be another great flood. To remind us weak and erring humans of His promise, He placed the rainbows in the heavens. But, foolish men of such great intelligence forgot God and His promises. Their great building came to nought as God destroyed it and confounded their language.

Today, we see great buildings (trade towers) coming down also. Soon, we shall see an earthquake more devastating than that which destroyed the weak buildings in Haiti, destroy buildings in great cities of the world where they were built to withstand earthquakes.  :( Like the Tower of Babel, they will come falling down. It is time to choose whom we will serve. There is an urgency as never before. We are nearing the end. God is withdrawing His hand of protection from the many Protestant professing nations of the world. They will soon see the devastation that has been visited upon the other nations of the world.

Global warming is the least to be worried about. I think that the most immediate threat is found in the collapse of the economies of the nations of the world. As the leaders of these nations attempt to set things aright, they cannot, for God does not enter into their plans. Let us put our treasure in heaven, all else will be a loss.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

WendyS

• http://www.666man.net
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 07:39:53 PM »
Richard,

I think the whole thing is about money, power, and forced lifestyle modification.  There are a lot of people within our society who don't like our industries and lifestyles and want to go back to simpler times.  Also, there are people in government who desperately want more of other peoples' money so that they can spend more.  there are peolpe in foreign nations who desperately want our wealth, and if we are dumb enough to just hand it to them, that would be just dandy.  All these things are converging into a giant scheme called global warming so as to be able to accomplish all of this.  Just think: the government could have vastly larger amounts of tax revenue if we would just believe in global warming!  And many would be forced onto public transportation, just as many desperately want to happen - perhaps just so that they can have the road to themselves.  Oh, and it might clean up some pollution too! 

There really is little in the way of science in this.  The data is carefully selected to give just the right results - global warming is indeed true!!!  Just look at the data!  Never mind that they hand picked it to make the results come out as they want it to.  This is no joke.  At the conference in Europe 2 months ago, the Russian scientists got a look - finally - at the data the Western Weather centers had been using from the Russian measuring stations.  Guess what?  The Russian scientists announced that the weather centers had hand picked the data, mostly selecting data from the cities where the temperature was rising and showed apparent global warming, and left out the data from the measuring stations out in the country within the arctic circle, data which showed NO global warming at all.

Science is supposed to be about truth, but this isn't a search for truth.  Instead, it is a search for a result.  They "found" it and now want you to believe it too, and if you do, then they'll get to have the results they really want - a hidden agenda that is not being discussed.  I suggest that we would be quite foolish to believe in it now.

Remember that back in the 1960s and 1970s it was all about the great global freeze that was coming?  Hey, whatever happened to that?

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 07:57:08 PM »
Personally, I think the world would be better off if we had a garden of Eden type weather. Yes, I know that would mean the polar bears would have to adapt and Eskimos would have to eat fruit instead of seals.

I don't want to get into the politics of the subject, but I cannot refrain from speaking just one truth. The California governor is a leading cheerleader for pushing legislation through to cut our use of fossil fuels. He does not profess to be a Christian that I know of, so it is not a terrible thought to him that he has no integrity. He says one thing and does another. The man travels to work in Sacramento from his home in Southern California. How does he choose to do so? He flies on his private jet. Ok.

But, it does not end there. He is responsible for the manufacturing of the gas guzzling Hummer. Ok.

And just to make sure we know he is above all of us serfs, he does not live in a small, but comfortable tract house. Would we like to see his utility bill?  Sorry to have gotten personal and political, but it is a sign of the end. These are the caliber of men leading the governments of the world.

Jesus is coming soon! He wants us to look beyond what we see with our eyes to behold the invisible, the things that are eternal. We must choose whom we will serve. Justice is fallen in the street, equity cannot enter, and he who departeth from evil, maketh himself a prey. We think it not strange when we see such things happening at the end of earth's history.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 08:44:03 PM »
As I recall, the very first Earth Day event warned of an impending ice age. Does anyone remember that? 
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 09:28:55 PM »
Is it just the US that is having very cold weather?

Report from Rome where IIW is having meetings: "P.S. As Im writing this, its snowing in Rome. Yes, its snowing in Rome. Wow! You see, anything can happen in Rome."

Wally

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 03:24:17 AM »
As I recall, the very first Earth Day event warned of an impending ice age. Does anyone remember that? 

As I recall they even discussed it in the halls of Congress.  ::)  People have short memories.  And, if they do remember they will claim that the science is better now.  The recent fiasco over fudged data would seem to indicate the opposite.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Wally

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2010, 03:31:50 AM »

Global warming is the least to be worried about. I think that the most immediate threat is found in the collapse of the economies of the nations of the world. As the leaders of these nations attempt to set things aright, they cannot, for God does not enter into their plans. Let us put our treasure in heaven, all else will be a loss.

And forcing us to comply with expensive new regulations to prevent more "global warming" will only hasten the demise of these economies.  It appears to me that the average American is more concerned about their jobs and their ability to acquire the basic necessities than they are about any supposed global warming.  It is mostly left wing agitators who are pushing this.  But "the squeaky wheel gets the grease." 

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2010, 06:32:38 AM »
An aside: the California governor is a Roman Catholic.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2010, 09:58:37 PM »
The first Earth Day was celebrated on April 22, 1970, amidst hysteria about the dangers of a new ice age. The media had been spreading warnings of a cooling period since the 1950s, but those alarms grew louder in the 1970s.

Three months before, on January 11, The Washington Post told readers to “get a good grip on your long johns, cold weather haters – the worst may be yet to come,” in an article titled “Colder Winters Held Dawn of New Ice Age.” The article quoted climatologist Reid Bryson, who said “there’s no relief in sight” about the cooling trend.

Journalists took the threat of another ice age seriously. Fortune magazine actually won a “Science Writing Award” from the American Institute of Physics for its own analysis of the danger. “As for the present cooling trend a number of leading climatologists have concluded that it is very bad news indeed,” Fortune announced in February 1974.

“It is the root cause of a lot of that unpleasant weather around the world and they warn that it carries the potential for human disasters of unprecedented magnitude,” the article continued.

Businessandmedia.org has a lot more about this subject and its history.

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2010, 06:51:05 AM »
That sure was a quick ice age wasn't it?  ;D
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2010, 06:56:42 AM »
 :D

Vicki

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2010, 05:43:18 PM »
I don't have the time or inclination to look it up, but didn't news reports use to wait until the weather was in the 100's before reporting extreme heat? The ones I've seen this year have been for the high 90's. I am glad there are cooling centers in the city to take refuge in; high 90's are miserable for me. But, it just seems the temperature has been decreased for heat warnings - makes me think global warming is behind this so heat can remain in the news.

Vicki

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2010, 05:47:38 PM »
We had a colder winter than normal, and it's been a cooler summer here. It hasn't made it to the 100's yet, which is unusual - 1 degree shy for only a few days.  Perhaps there is an iceage coming and they were right in the 70's.  ;D We better get more firewood.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2010, 04:06:25 AM »
The expert meteorologists here in Maine have arbitrarily decided at some time in the past (even before the "global warming" hysteria) that an official "heat wave" is when we have 3 or more days above 90.  I wonder what the folks in Phoenix thing about that, when they have weeks on end of 100+ temperatures. ::)

At any rate we had an "official" heat wave this past week--and my garden is loving it!  ;D  One difference that folks out west don't always understand is that when we have 90's, or rarely 100's along the east coast, it is usually accompanied by high humidity.  A humid 90 degree day feels much worse than the same temperature in Tucson.  It's hard to get relief, even in the shade.  This week, it's been around 70 even overnight, and the humidity is higher at night.  But I don't complain about the heat, because here in the subarctic regions of Maine, January is never very far away.

Vicki

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2010, 06:36:05 AM »
Ah, humidity. I had forgotten about that factor. It's been too long since I lived back that way.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2010, 10:08:58 PM »
Atlanta was having 90 degree weather when I got there. I would much rather be home with 100 degree weather.  It was very sticky! :(

My tomatoes did not like our summer until a few weeks ago. I was happy, they were not. So, I realized my joy was not good for them. And, I love them. So, we are suffering with higher heat, but are happy that the tomatoes are happy. :)

Be content in all situations!

It is sad that Al Gore is having so many difficulties, but it ought to help us when it comes to being able to heat our homes in the winter. He has very little credibility.