Author Topic: Spring 2010!  (Read 10306 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Spring 2010!
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2010, 10:18:16 PM »

That is hail in my tomato plants!! Most unusual. Tomorrow I will post another "spring" pic.  :(
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2010, 06:19:19 AM »
Hawaii. That is what I want.

Well Sister Sybil, I don't have Hawaii, but you can come and visit me. We are all done with the snow and into thunderstorms now and then, beautiful sunny days that are not hot at all. Wind that is not filled with dust. Opps, now I'm letting on how happy I am not to be in the southwest. But you would like it Sybil. Come, see us for a visit. I mean it. :) Sister Marie

Beloved sister, scoot over and make room, it just might happen! You are so kind! It's 17 this Sabbath morning. Oh, how I long for that land with no winters, no oppressive summers but an eternal spring that God has made ready for us. That you can now enjoy mild winds with no dust is indeed a blessing. It is but a foretaste of things to come.

Richard - your photo is simply amazing! I hope they were not damaged. Again, in heaven, hail will not come nigh our gardens! Can we imagine the perfection that will exist there? 
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2010, 08:25:23 AM »
Let all move to Sister Marie's!

Here is what hit me and my tomatoes.  This  is not snow, but hail. I was shooting the hail, but happened to catch the ambulance. Many cars slid off the highway. All traffic had pulled over because of the hail. This came down in less than five minutes. Most unusual.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2010, 08:32:16 AM »
Yes, it is! Arizona is known for its oncoming clouds of thick, blowing dust, rolling in like a huge thunderstorm; however, just this week the same thing happened to our state. It brought interstate traffic to a stop. There were many accidents. Everything was enveloped in dense brown air.

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2010, 10:32:43 AM »
Today it is cloudy but still 78. The wind mild and not cold or hot.
It got down to 65 last night.
Let me know when Sister Sybil. :) Sister Marie
With Christian Love,
Marie

Sister Dee

« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2010, 02:34:12 PM »
I was surprised to actually see cherries coming out on one of our two trees yesterday.  My youngest son was disappointed that there weren't some on the other tree, too.  I'd about given up hope that we'd ever see any.  But, conditions must have been right this year.  We'll see if they make it.  I doubt if we'll get to eat any though.  I'm thinking the birds might get to them first.  The children think we need to put a scarecrow back there!   ::) 

The further amazing thing is that it's cold and rainy today!  It's only reached the high 40's.  Very strange for May around here.  I just hope it doesn't freeze tonight.  We also have some plums and pears coming out.  It's been a few years since we had a decent amount of fruit.   

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2010, 02:14:21 PM »
Isn't spring nice!  Here are the results of a freak rain/wind storm that passed through briefly Monday afternoon.  3 Quaking Aspen trees, which were side by side and about 60' tall, uprooted together and fell toward our house.  Each tree landed  on one of our sheds, which kept them form actually hitting the house, although the uppermost branches were hanging over part of the roof.  The roof is around 30' high.

This is what greeted me when I got home Monday evening:

Here you can see all three trees.  They were at least 12" in diameter at the base.

Here's what it looks like now, after borrowing my neighbor's 30' ladder to cut the tops off so they wouldn't fall into the house when I cut the lower part of the tree, and then cutting the part that was hanging out from the roofs of the sheds.  The butt ends are still resting on the shed roofs, which, while damaged, were not crushed.

So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2010, 03:33:42 PM »
Your home was spared. Do you think there is a war going on? I believe so! Thank God your home was not damaged!

Wally

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2010, 05:30:16 PM »

Yes, we are giving thanks for that, and for the fact that I survived my trip into the stratosphere.  Being 25' up on an extension ladder is not my favorite activity.  We're also thankful for helpful neighbors, and for the fact that I was able to do the work myself, rather than calling a tree removal service.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2010, 05:39:51 PM »
Ahhh, I see you got the tailend of the storm that has had Tennessee swimming underwater for the last week.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Wally

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2010, 04:21:16 AM »
Ahhh, I see you got the tailend of the storm that has had Tennessee swimming underwater for the last week.

It may have been part of that storm.  All I know is that it was weird weather:  heavy downpours and strong wind, and then sunny and warm, followed by more downpours and strong wind.  My yard looks like a logging operation right now.  I hope to get most of it cleaned up tomorrow, weather permitting.

Larry Lyons

« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2010, 07:26:48 AM »
Wally, does it make good firewood?

Wally

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2010, 01:00:24 PM »
Wally, does it make good firewood?

Some folks look down their noses at aspen as firewood, but it splits easily, makes good kindling, and is good for spring and fall fires.  It burns too fast to use during the coldest part of winter.  I use a lot of birch and ash for that.  Today, it is cold (40's) and I'm burning some pine slab wood.  Not good for winter, but great for this time of year.