Author Topic: Security Center  (Read 3476 times)

Won Bae

Security Center
« on: January 16, 2010, 03:17:54 PM »
I have a computer, Dell Windows XP, Prof.  Lately, I am having an awful problem with this program is called "AniVir" out of "Security Center" which is imbededded in the control panel.  It says it found several dangerous virus. Only one choice is given which is "remove".  I click on it then, the computer screen displaces "get a full protection" and takes me to sale's page. I get out of it as I did not want to buy the program. It comes on often as I open the computer.  In fact, as I was writing this post it came on twice and wiped off what I was doing. This program is not found under "add & remove ..." of the control panel.  I have no idea how to get rid of this program  Is there any one who can help me?  It just came on again!

Won

Won Bae

Re: Security Center
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 05:16:51 PM »
I  do not know how to edit, so I write a correction to above post.
In the second sentecce "is" after "program" should be deleted.

Won

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 08:10:09 PM »
Good evening, Brother Won. The computer geek squad has not answered your question. I am not a technical person, but I do have a suggestion you may wish to try:

Uninstall your current antivirus software and install AVG free. http://free.avg.com/us-en/homepage  It is not pushy and it is quite thorough. That's my advice for what it's worth, dear man.

I am sorry you are having this trouble.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

JimB

• Servant
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 11:15:36 PM »
Brother Won, it sounds like to me (from experience) by the way you describe the behavior that you actually have a virus/malware that parades itself as an anti-virus program. These types of viruses are very prevalent in the last 18 months or so. It's very hard to remove and a bit complicated to try and explain it here or even over the phone. The best advice I can give you is to download the free version of a program called "malwarebytes". You can find it here... http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Run this program IF you can. If you can't seem to get it to work you'll probably have to find a computer person to help you remove it.

Often times with this type of a virus people have to completely wipe out their hard drive and re-install windows. Let's hope your situation doesn't come to that.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Won Bae

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 07:47:21 AM »
Sybil,
I already have free AVG installed in my computer.  When my  computer was having problem I ran this AVG, but it did not detect any thing after about two hours of task.

Jim,
I really do appreciate you info.  So far, it appears that my computer is working very well after the Malwarebyte took care of the problem. The problem I was having IE has gone also.  You saved my life today.  Thanks, again.  My father used to say "if you have a disease, boast about it, then some one will tell you the cure"! This is the case with my computer illness.

Won

JimB

• Servant
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 08:13:39 AM »
Won, that is great news. I'm glad it was able to help you with your problem. :)
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 10:35:55 AM »
Great news! I have Malwarebytes as well. It's excellent!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 11:15:23 AM »
I have no idea how to get rid of this program  Is there any one who can help me?  It just came on again!
Won

Hello Won,

Go to "start"
then "programs"
then find program
then find "uninstall"

This ought to help you.

Not sure what your problem is. You may have a virus that your installed program cannot remove. They may be telling you to upgrade to fix problem. It would be good to decide which program you want to run before doing anything. AVG has been good for many of us. I am trying Avast on another computer. Both are free. Along with the anti virus programs we often are running anti spyware programs also.

We have a thread in this forum on AVAST. You may want to take a look at it.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Won Bae

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 12:09:21 PM »
Richard.
This "security center" comes with the computer embedded in the control panel.  It is impossible to remove as I tried. The message I get is "not allowed" to uninstall.  It would be as Jim B said the virus infected this security center and played as anti viral program.  When I tried to repair the problem it took me to their sale's page and wanted to charge me $75.00 to purchase.  Any way, the malwarebyte took care of this problem.  It was causing havoc to my computer.

Won

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 01:55:02 PM »
Sorry. I read your early post this morning and then went in search of information on your problem. When I posted I did not know that the problem was taken care of. :)  I did learn a lot in the process. :)
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.