Author Topic: San Francisco/Oakland Quake Coming  (Read 25896 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
San Francisco/Oakland Quake Coming
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2007, 08:24:00 AM »
 A Catholic group is threatening an all-out battle with Miller Brewing Co. after the firm distanced itself from a raunchy San Francisco street fair but apparently did not end its sponsorship of the event.

The Catholic League has expressed outrage over the poster for this year's fair, which takes place on Sunday. The poster, which evokes a renowned Leonardo da Vinci painting, "The Last Supper," shows semi-nude men and women in bondage attire seated at a table cluttered with sex toys, whips, and various restraints. source

It is interesting who is leading the charge against this outrage. The world has its heroes.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2007, 10:11:00 PM »
This is an incredible account. As disgusting as it is, thank you for posting it, making the world aware of such activities while the media turns its head.

For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2007, 07:45:00 AM »
It is the character of San Francisco and Oakland. Their cup is full and and God will deal with them soon. "Out of the cities" is the message we have been given to bear to the cities of the world, but most especially to San Francisco and Oakland. The big one (earthquake) is coming to cleanse Sodom and Gomorrah of their filth.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Brian M

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2007, 05:05:04 AM »
It is the character of San Francisco and Oakland. Their cup is full and and God will deal with them soon. "Out of the cities" is the message we have been given to bear to the cities of the world, but most especially to San Francisco and Oakland. The big one (earthquake) is coming to cleanse Sodom and Gomorrah of their filth.

Please pray for my oldest daughter, who now lives outside of San Fran - in open rebellion against God. When I've commented to her about what will be happening there, she reacts much like the husbands of Lot's daughters living in Sodom. She's 18.

Brian
Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law. Psalm 119:18

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2007, 06:44:17 PM »
Oh, Brian. Our children. I will pray for your young daughter. That God will snatch her out of that place! She will not forget what she has been taught. Prayers for her and for your family. I know this is so painful to you. God bless you.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2007, 08:06:55 PM »
Brother Brian, we will pray for your daughter. The doors are still open. There are those that come in, many even, that come in at the last hours. How we hope and pray that God will soften her heart.

Dear Father in Heaven,
This dear father is so concerned for his daughter. She has been influenced by the world and has listened. But she also has the Truth within her. We pray Father, that You will send Your Spirit to soften her hard heart and change her. Whatever it takes Lord, help her to see the Truth and come back to You before it is too late. We pray this in Jesus Name and for His Sake, Amen.
With Christian Love,
Marie

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2007, 10:22:23 PM »
Dear brother, I am reminded of the quake in '89. The freeway pancaked on top of many cars in Oakland and part of the Bay Bridge fell into the water. God knew how many hairs were on each one driving that day! He is well able to protect those whose probations remain open. We will be praying for your daughter. 18 is a very hard age. The world is very difficult today. But, your experience will prevail much with God for your daughter. God will contend with him who is contending with us and He will save our children. Yes, there are conditions, but it remains a promise for us!

Brian M

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2007, 06:09:15 PM »
Thank you for your prayers. It is always good to have brothers & sisters praying for each other and I appreciate your prayers on her behalf. She arrived at my home today for a short Thanksgiving visit. It is good to have her under this roof, even for a short time; however, now I have to pray that not only will my influence on her be strong, but that her influence on the little ones will be weak. It will be a delicate balancing act, but by God's grace there can be positive results. Thanks again!
Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law. Psalm 119:18

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2007, 07:01:36 PM »
I well understand your position. God does too. He put the concern in your heart for all. He will provide as you look to Him. Have a blessed Thanksgiving with your family. It is a very good holiday to celebrate. One of the few.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2008, 10:24:59 PM »
It seems as if the world is getting a very good picture of my "monitor". Do you agree that according to the "measuring cup" principle, San Francisco is due?  Mocking God in such a manner is not wise.

Brian M

« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2008, 05:05:52 AM »

They certainly strain the limits of mercy. What other places lead out in iniquity with such vigor and fanfare? None that I can think of. May God have mercy on us.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2008, 11:08:04 PM »
My monitor tracks events such as this:

Thursday’s decision (homosexual marriage) was cause for celebration for Gavin Newsom, the San Francisco mayor, who had set off a national debate over gay marriage in 2004 when he ordered the county clerk to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples. More than 4,000 couples — from 46 states — were married in 2004, although those unions were later invalidated by the courts.

What a day for San Francisco, what a day for California, what a day for America, what a day for equality,” Mr. Newsom said before a crowd of several hundred jubilant supporters at San Francisco City Hall.

Mr. Newsom said his office would begin preparing for same-sex marriages as soon as the court decision becomes effective in 30 days, if no stay is issued. Unlike in 2004, Thursday’s decision would effect same-sex marriages statewide, something that the mayor seemed both relieved and vindicated by.

Yes, San Francisco is the leader in immorality.  She is Sodom.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2008, 01:36:45 PM »
One year ago I entered the City of San Francisco on this very night when the city was celebrating its homosexual status. Vile and filthy. Tonight, they celebrate again. I wonder if the city and the state who are celebrating their overthrow of morality with a new law to allow homosexual marriage have any fear? The state is burning.  I wonder if any are praying for rain.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2008, 03:00:17 PM »
SAN FRANCISCO/WEST HOLLYWOOD (Reuters) - Hundreds of gay and lesbian couples rushed to wed on Tuesday on the first full day that same-sex marriages were allowed across California, filling city halls with cheers -- and politics.

Gay marriage supporters see the move by the most populous U.S. state to allow same-sex weddings as an historic move long overdue, while opponents brand it a moral tragedy.

Both political sides consider California a trend setter, for better or worse, making its move in an election year. Looming over the flurry of weddings is the possibility of a sudden halt if a November state constitutional amendment that would ban same-sex marriage passes.

U.S. Republican presidential candidate John McCain and Democratic rival Barack Obama have largely avoided the issue, finding common ground in supporting states taking the lead on the gay marriage. President George W. Bush firmly supports a U.S. constitutional amendment banning gay marriage.

"Part of the reason I wanted to come today was to be a number, to be counted," said Gretchen Kaufman in Oakland, California, after getting a license for a same-sex marriage.

Across the bay in San Francisco, same-sex couples, some dressed in matching gowns or tuxedos, marched triumphantly into the ornate City Hall, where balconies around the cavernous stone rotunda were divided into a dozen niches for ceremonies.

The city known for its large gay population married same-sex couples for a "Winter of Love" in 2004. A court threw out those unions but a larger legal battle led last month to the state Supreme Court overturning a law defining marriage as among a man and a woman.
  source

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2008, 11:02:57 AM »
Some may think that the wildfires in California are sufficient judgment for what San Francisco and Oakland are doing.  I don't think so. If, like Ninevah, they repent of their evil, then God will spare them. I pray they will repent. But, in the event that they don't, the wildfires which are burning up California at an unprecedented rate, are not a response to San Francisco, but to the State of California that has followed her example in promoting homosexual marriage.

I believe the judgment that will come to San Francisco and Oakland will be through earthquake as it was in 1906. Warnings have come in 1989 and again last year. Will San Francisco and Oakland repent? Or will they continue on as did Sodom and Gomorrah?

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2008, 01:18:16 PM »

To be able to repent they must first recognize that they have sinned.  This is highly unlikely.  They see no connection between the fires and the recent legislation.  That realization could come, but, unfortunately one of the solutions proposed will be the exaltation of Sunday--if I understand my SOP correctly.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2008, 02:21:34 PM »
I was reminded a few days ago that San Francisco and Oakland are cities that will soon be hit by an earthquake in response to their great sins. They are indeed Sodom and Gomorrah. It is past time for the "good ones" to move away from these two evil cities.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Re: San Francisco/Oakland Quake Coming
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2010, 04:28:10 AM »
In September, 2005, San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom talks about his city's plans for a major earthquake:

They live across our bay and outside the borders of the city. So a consequence of that is we have aligned a strategy to have real first responders, and that's real people, neighbors. And we've put together a Web site called 72hours.org, the notion being that for 72 hours, as exampled by Katrina in the Gulf--72 hours you're going to be on your own. Make sure you have more than just food and water, but emergency supplies and the like. People are trained in CPR and they're organizing block by block throughout San Francisco so they can truly help themselves as they wait for our police and firefighters, the state and federal government.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2010, 11:20:08 AM »
There is now even more good reason for the San Francisco mayor to instruct his city's citizens to prepare for a large quake. A San Francisco homosexual  federal court judge ruled California's prop 8 illegal. The voters said no to homosexual marriage and the homosexual judge said "you can't do that."  San Francisco celebrates and many homosexuals line up to get married. California's Attorney General and Governor wanted the ban overturned and refused to defend the voters who had said enough is enough.

Before the ruling:
"A San Francisco district court judge who is reportedly homosexual will decide soon whether to overturn the will of California voters and strike down Proposition 8 – the state's constitutional amendment that defines marriage as the union of one man and one woman – in a landmark trial that many say is likely headed to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Attorneys for both sides presented closing arguments today in the trial Perry v. Schwarzenegger, a lawsuit seeking to declare the proposition violates the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

Voters first approved the definition of marriage as a union between a man and a woman as a state law in 2000, then again in 2008 as an amendment to the state constitution with 52 percent of the vote. Later, the state Supreme Court, reversing its own ruling from only months earlier, affirmed 6-1 that the provision is constitutional.

While Republican Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and Democrat Attorney General Jerry Brown are listed as defendants in the lawsuit, both have opposed Proposition 8 and refused to defend it in court – forcing the private attorneys to defend the law."
source

After the ruling:

The federal judge who overturned California's ban on same-sex marriage ended his ruling by saying the constitutional rights of gays and lesbians are being violated every day that Proposition 8 remains in effect.

But the ruling won't necessarily reopen county clerks' offices to same-sex couples anytime soon.

In fact, some legal analysts said Thursday, the law that the judge struck down, allowing only opposite-sex couples to wed, may remain in place for a year or more. Courts, they said, tilt toward the status quo, and will be mindful that any marriages based on that ruling might be judicially undone later.

Those who are making wedding plans after Chief U.S. District Judge Vaughn Walker's historic decision need to know that "litigation doesn't resolve things until it's run its course," said Vikram Amar, a UC Davis law professor.
   source

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2010, 04:57:23 PM »
Well, they can prepare for a big quake, but what if that quake occurs a mile or 2 out to sea and sends a tsunami inland? No amount of preparation will help them then.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24