Author Topic: San Francisco/Oakland Quake Coming  (Read 25940 times)

colporteur

Re: San Francisco/Oakland Quake Coming
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2010, 05:13:30 PM »
And if the quake is bad enough there may not be much they can do. All the supposedly earthquake resistance technology will float about as well as the Titanic.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2010, 06:16:28 PM »
Although I do not completely agree with mass saturation mailings of the Steps to Christ program in cities large and small - because of waste - the cities of Oakland and San Francisco have been saturated with The Great Controversy and probably Steps to Christ by now. The mailing of GC I remember was two or three years ago. I believe Richard remembers that, too. Elder Mark Ferrell really pushed for this project to be completed and Bible workers came in to follow up.

For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2010, 03:46:43 PM »
Yes. And what if it is a very very large quake a few miles out?  God will not be mocked. He is giving them time to decide whom they will serve. And, us time to warn San Francisco. To give the three angels message. Man cannot build building to withstand what is coming on San Francisco.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2010, 03:11:14 PM »
San Francisco and Oakland are becoming as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the Lord will visit them. Not far hence they will suffer under His judgments.--Ms 30, 1903.  {LDE 114.1} 
     The terrible earthquake that has visited San Francisco [THE SAN FRANCISCO EARTHQUAKE AND FIRE OF APRIL 18-19, 1906, LEFT 503 DEAD AND RESULTED IN AN ESTIMATED $350 MILLION IN PROPERTY DAMAGE.] will be followed by other manifestations of the power of God. His law has been transgressed. Cities have become polluted with sin. Study the history of Nineveh. God sent a special message by Jonah to that wicked city. . . . Many such messages as his would be given in our age, if the wicked cities would repent as did Nineveh.--Ms 61a, June 3, 1906.  {LDE 114.2}
     Even in the cities where the judgments of God have fallen in consequence of such transgression there is no sign of repentance. The saloons are still open, and many temptations are kept before the people.--Letter 268, Aug. 20, 1906.

Here is a new 17-minute video compilation of the 1906 San Francisco earthquake:

Look what God hath done.

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2010, 03:50:44 PM »
Katrina was no accident - neither was 1906 San Francisco - when the righteous move out - it will be up to God if another huge quake with massive liquifaction / tsumani / hits

In 2005 originally from the NAD website with more message detail.

http://www.bahamasconference.org/newsforaugust2005.htm

Slidell, LA -- Lynda Ward Stevenson, daughter of Elder Eric C. Ward, sent this e-mail message, “… we were unofficially told that our home was destroyed during Hurricane Katrina. The eye wall of the hurricane passed directly over Slidell, LA with winds of more than 150 miles per hour. We fled for our lives on Sunday as part of a mandatory evacuation order for St. Tammany Parish. This meant that almost everything was left behind including my precious cat Scrappy. I grabbed my father's Bible as we packed our cars and left, all the while asking for God's mercy and protection. We drove for 16 hours before we were able to find a place to sleep, as all hotels were full.

.At the present time, my family is safe in Little Rock, AR with about 300 other survivors. I have much to be thankful. For you see, just two days prior to this event, God sent an angel to warn me of the impending doom."Get out," the message said, "remember Lot's wife and don't look back!"

We have no jobs, homes, schools or much of any material goods left. Yet, I must not forget that our Heavenly Father preserved our lives during this perilous time. For this and much more I give God the praise, honor and glory.

Things can be replaced, but people cannot. Please keep us, our community, the thousands of displaced families and the rescue efforts currently underway in your thoughts and prayers. Jesus is coming soon!”

The original message stated it was a literal celestial bright shining angel - and the message refering to the punishment of sodom set the whole tone of Katrina on the Gulf.  I had talked with an SDA pastor yrs before in Metarire and he was very discouraged and said a revival won't come till the people want one and are ready.   organized crime and gambling was over running the Gulf region, and New Orleans was the Sodom of the Gulf.   The largest Gay Celebration / games etc was due in a few days or week or so - before Katrina hit.   It was to out do anything SF had ever seen or done to date.     That got washed out for sure.
Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2010, 03:53:54 PM »
I never thought Katrina was an accident either. His judgments are in the land whether or not the masses recognize them as such.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2010, 01:57:57 PM »
San Francisco and Oakland are becoming as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the Lord will visit them. Not far hence they will suffer under His judgments.--Ms 30, 1903.  {LDE 114.1}  
     The terrible earthquake that has visited San Francisco [THE SAN FRANCISCO EARTHQUAKE AND FIRE OF APRIL 18-19, 1906, LEFT 503 DEAD AND RESULTED IN AN ESTIMATED $350 MILLION IN PROPERTY DAMAGE.] will be followed by other manifestations of the power of God. His law has been transgressed. Cities have become polluted with sin. Study the history of Nineveh. God sent a special message by Jonah to that wicked city. . . . Many such messages as his would be given in our age, if the wicked cities would repent as did Nineveh.--Ms 61a, June 3, 1906.  {LDE 114.2}
     Even in the cities where the judgments of God have fallen in consequence of such transgression there is no sign of repentance. The saloons are still open, and many temptations are kept before the people.--Letter 268, Aug. 20, 1906.

Some have looked at me as if I were a prophet. :(  My statements were never meant to be a prophesy, only a revelation of what is to come based on what I have read in the Bible and the Spirit of Prophecy. Therein are the prophets. :)  Sybil has been a good Berean and searched to see if what I said was indeed true.  :)  There are judgments brought by God and judgments that God allows to come that He did not bring Himself. Katrina, I do not know about. It surely was a judgment as was 9/11. But, from whence it came?  San Francisco is not left up in the air.  We know from whence it came.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2010, 03:21:55 PM »
In spite of all the evil, I believe this is a shining light in San Francisco. http://sfcentral.org/  Pastor Mark Ferrell is a young man dedicated to our Lord's work, I believe. May there be more shining lights there, and everywhere!
Dora

Larry Lyons

« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2010, 08:47:45 PM »
Dora, you are right about Mark. I know him and I know he is strongly dedicated to spreading the Gospel, and he has the ability to inspire others, especially young adults,  with his enthsiasm and dedication.

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2010, 06:54:31 AM »
Yes, Larry, he was at our campmeeting three summers ago. The campmeeting team had already prepared the "decorations" for the church, which consisted of bales of hay in the hallways, etc, and garish lights with colored paper streamers from front of church, drums on platform, also an "oasis cafe" out front, with food until 11:00. Worst of all, as I have stated before was a "Christian" rock concert, by a young man not a SDA. During this concert, Pastor Mark went outside, where I saw his sister and asked her, "He doesn't like this, does he?" To which she answered, "No, he hates it, but it was already arranged."

The last night of the meetings, I went with my granddaughter, and Pastor Mark had an "anointing" service, in which he called for prayer groups and if we wanted, to be anointed for special work for the Lord. I was thrilled when she went to the center of the circle and said, "I want it all." Yes! Pastor Mark is a blessing to our youth, and to the old alike! A shining light in the darkness of San Francisco!! He needs our prayers!
Dora

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2010, 09:21:34 PM »
I have contacted Pastor Mark and told him we are praying for him and his church. 

Three years before the quake, this was published:      San Francisco and Oakland are becoming as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the Lord will visit them. Not far hence they will suffer under His judgments.--Ms 30, 1903

And this is a published statement of visions received just before the quake:

While at Loma Linda, the second night after the dedication of the sanitarium, there passed before me a most wonderful representation. During a vision of the night, I stood on an eminence, from which I could see houses shaken like a reed in the wind. Buildings, great and small, were falling to the ground. Pleasure resorts, theaters, hotels, and the homes of the wealthy were shaken and shattered. Many lives were blotted out of existence, and the air was filled with the shrieks of the injured and the terrified. 

The destroying angels of God were at work. One touch, and buildings so thoroughly constructed that men regarded them as secure against every danger, quickly became heaps of rubbish. There was no assurance of safety in any place. I did not feel in any special peril, but the awfulness of the scenes that passed before me I can not find words to describe. It seemed that the forbearance of God was exhausted, and that the Judgment day had come. 

The angel that stood by my side then instructed me that but few have any conception of the wickedness existing in our world today, and especially the wickedness in the large cities. He declared that the Lord has appointed a time when he will visit transgressors in wrath for persistent disregard of his law. 

At about one o'clock I awoke, and was impressed to write out some things regarding the supreme rulership of God, and the sacredness of his law. When I met my secretary early in the morning, I told her that wonderful representations had been passing before me in the night season. After breakfast, we received a message asking us to go to Los Angeles by the afternoon train; but I was unable to take any part in preparing for the journey. I was as one dazed by the awful scenes that had passed before me. 

We went to Glendale, near Los Angeles, and the following night, April 17, further representations passed before me....Much more instruction regarding the long-sufferance of God, and the necessity of arousing transgressors to a realization of their perilous position in his sight, was repeated to the people, as received from my instructor. 

Wednesday morning, April 18, I was to speak in the church at Los Angeles, where the Southern California Conference was assembled. As we neared the church, we heard the newsboys crying, "San Francisco destroyed by an earthquake!" With a heavy heart I read the first hastily printed news of the terrible disaster.  RH, May 24, 1906

Here is the last film made days before the 1906 quake and fire that destroyed San Francisco.Last Days

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2012, 12:30:38 PM »
The San Francisco Bay Area had a 4.0 quake this morning at 5:30.  The U.S. Geological Survey reported that a magnitude-2.9 quake struck at 5:33 a.m. about eight miles northeast of San Francisco in the city of El Cerrito. It was followed eight seconds later by a magnitude-4.0.

Just a little warning, again, of what is coming upon San Francisco and Oakland.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2013, 04:36:31 PM »
Through God's providential leading, I attended the San Francisco Central Church recently. It gave me the opportunity to meet Pastor Mark and a number of the church members including their paid Bible worker. There is a large work to be done in the city. Let us keep this church in our prayers. San Francisco has filled her cup to the full and is overflowing. Not much time is left. All of California knows the "big one" is coming. They hold earthquake preparedness days. It is like building the Tower of Babel, they think they can withstand the judgments of God.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2014, 10:06:24 AM »
It has been a year since we have posted in this topic. Today, October the 17th, marks 25 years since the Loma Prieta earthquake hit San Francisco and Oakland. In California, this is being used to encourage people to prepare for future quakes. But, preparation is being made in the wrong areas. It is not stronger buildings and stronger bridges that are needed, but better characters. Oakland and San Francisco have been known for a long time to be Sodom and Gomorrah. Just weeks after the 89 quake, San Francisco voted on a domestic partners bill that would have given unmarried and homosexual partners recognition for insurance purposes in San Francisco. source The city was a leader in immorality in the United States.

I don't believe that it's a coincidence that that the San Francisco Giants baseball team will be playing again in the World Series next week. 25 years ago the Loma Prieta earthquake hit just a little after five p.m when the third game of the World Series was being played in San Francisco. Do we find it interesting that again the third game of the World Series will be played in San Francisco next Friday and play will begin at 5:07 p.m. Much has transpired in the last 25 years. The United States has continued to fall lower and lower until we all can understand that God's protective hand is being removed. His Spirit is being removed from America and the world. Ebola is running rampant in Western Africa and has found its way into the United States.

God is merciful and long suffering , so it may be that San Francisco and Oakland, Sodom and Gomorrah, will be given more time. But it will surprise no one if we find that their time has come. Earthquakes appear to be a special prerogative of God. There is little doubt in my mind by what we have seen in the past, that San Francisco and Oakland will meet their demise by another earthquake. Then, no building or bridge will survive. It may be that a tsunami will follow in its wake. God is love. But, when love has been fully rejected, then grace will yield to justice. There is still a little time remaining to turn from evil and to accept the great love that God has for all, even the greatest of sinners. He has proved His love by sending His innocent Son, to suffer and die for us while we were yet sinners. Such love!!

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.  He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.  And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.  For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.  But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God." John 3:16-21.