Author Topic: Tomatoes  (Read 108347 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Tomatoes
« Reply #320 on: August 21, 2016, 02:43:37 PM »
Just a reminder of what real tomatoes look like!  :)  From our tomato adviser....

Well Richard said he could handle a few pics of a few ripe tomatoes, so I will post a few for all to enjoy. Richard said to me, a picture is worth a thousand words and I imagine that is true. I know it is true when you go ant sale plants and seeds. Hope you enjoy.

Another fine looking tomato specimen is this lovely bicolor. Again a great taste in a different package with lots of eye appeal. This one tipped the scale at over a pound and a half.

One more to feast your eyes on is a GWR  (green when ripe) variety. Actually this is a bicolor as well, but yet still packs more great taste with lots of eye appeal, and lots of juice to dribble down your chin Richard  ;D

Hope you enjoy the pics, for I can say I definitely enjoyed eating them. You look at all the colors, shapes and tastes there are in just tomatoes, and it makes me wonder what the creative possibilities will be when we reach the earth made new.  Richard I will have to invite you over when that time comes and we will be able to create a few new ones together.  Mark

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #321 on: May 10, 2018, 08:18:38 AM »
I miss all the pictures we used to be able to see here. Is there no way anymore to post pictures?

As some of you know my daughters and I plant and sell tomato plants each year. It's a very small operation to cover the cost of our gardening needs after tithes and offerings. I'm getting older now and it's not so easy for me to be lifting, dragging, digging and standing for hours hunched over while transplanting. But I do love it. Each year brings new surprises, some delightful, some puzzling and some just plain disappointing.

This year we have had two new disappointing experiences that we can not identify. We are finding some of the nice healthy plants (about 2 to 3 inches tall) laying completely flat. The leaves are not wilted at all. The problem is at the ground level. (the soil is not 'wet' just moist) They are in the greenhouse with all the same conditions as the others and as any other year.

The other problem is with a few flats with perfect germination but got to about 1/2 inch high and stopped growing. After feeding and pampering they are still the same.

Wondering how all our other gardeners out there are doing.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #322 on: May 11, 2018, 07:22:55 AM »
I miss all the pictures we used to be able to see here. Is there no way anymore to post pictures?

You can still post pictures but the problem here is that apparently our friend Mark was/is using photobucket who last year turned off 3rd party sharing unless you paid for an upgrade.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Dorine

« Reply #323 on: May 11, 2018, 07:56:01 AM »
I will need some instruction sometime Jim on how to post pictures. Photobucket was what I used also so any pictures I did post are not available anymore. Are there instructions posted in 'help'?
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 14, 2018, 03:50:40 PM »

Dorine Posts: 1129
View Profile  Email  Personal Message (Online)

« Reply #323 on: May 11, 2018, 07:56:01 AM »
I will need some instruction sometime Jim on how to post pictures. Photobucket was what I used also so any pictures I did post are not available anymore. Are there instructions posted in 'help'?   

click on insert image icon  put a space or two between img code and /img code then between them, paste/post image link from any service you store image or video files on.

Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}

Dorine

« Reply #325 on: May 14, 2018, 04:15:58 PM »
Thanks Ed. I will try that.

Dorine

« Reply #326 on: May 14, 2018, 04:37:11 PM »
No it won't work for me.

I'm not understanding the instructions.

I understand the "click on insert image icon and posting image link from the service I'm storing my photo's on" (which is Flickr) but it's the in between instruction that isn't clear to me.

"put a space or two between img code and /img code then between them" ??????

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #327 on: May 15, 2018, 08:12:00 AM »
Dorine, see if these steps are clear enough. If not let me know but leave all your tests and comments in that discussion area.

http://remnant-online.com/smf/index.php?topic=18505.msg192214#msg192214
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #328 on: October 29, 2018, 09:26:48 AM »
The first 7 minutes of this video are for my tomato loving friends. Sounds like he has some really good ideas. Well... they are new to me but I'm not a huge tomato fan so maybe this is old news to some of you. He even explains how to get of fungus without chemicals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGe5sKMrenU

Dorine

« Reply #329 on: October 29, 2018, 02:42:17 PM »
The first 7 minutes of this video are for my tomato loving friends. Sounds like he has some really good ideas. Well... they are new to me but I'm not a huge tomato fan so maybe this is old news to some of you. He even explains how to get of fungus without chemicals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGe5sKMrenU

This is the exact method we use except we don't do what he does at the end of the season. By the end of September all tomato plants are removed and the bed is prepared for the next year. His growing season must be longer than ours. We have frost by the end of September. I wonder if he gives lectures on gardening. I'd sure like to hear some.

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #330 on: October 29, 2018, 06:57:49 PM »
I don't know where he is now but at one time he was in Kentucky. Whether or not that is where he was when the video was made I don't know.