Author Topic: Irrigation System  (Read 1656 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
Irrigation System
« on: January 05, 2010, 07:57:31 AM »
If you are like me, you probably stayed in school so that you would not have to dig ditches for a living. Well, then you probably don't like digging trenches for an irrigation line in the middle of summer? Hard ground with lots of rocks and sun beating down on your back!! :(  At times you need a bar to loosen the soil because the shovel will not do it. :)

Now is the time to do our digging unless you are under snow!  The ground is soft and the sun is not going to be a problem. Out of time? Well, just think about how much longer it will take come summer!  And, think about the plants that are going to die without the new line! One week away from home and that's it. All that work for nothing!!

I am trying to talk myself into doing it today!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
Re: Irrigation System
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 08:59:47 PM »
What about laying soaker hose on top of the ground then covering it with mulch, instead of ditches ?  Would it be rendered useless from freezing and bursting in spots from the cold of winter or would it strech enough to tolerate it and thaw in spring?
Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}